Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno results, is this A/F too lean? Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:23 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Dyno results, is this A/F too lean? Need help!

That is certainly very lean. You can adjust the tune yourself on user adjustability. Just richen it 4% to see, just hit 13.0 and you should be ok.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:54 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UrS4

Scrambler,

I haven't yet and honestly I don't know if I will. I have been emailing Evo asking about newer tunes and I haven't gotten a reply at all and it has been a full week. Whenever I have emailed Brenspeed or other tuners, mustang parts dealers (Steeda), they have responded within one day. I don't mean to bag on Fred, but I think all this success and his new focus on getting his GT500 into the 9s in the quarter has made him forget about the bread and butter GT guys that made his business grow.

But at this point scrambler I don't know if it is the best use of my time and money to deal with Fred anymore regarding mail order 'custom' tunes. If I send him the dyno sheet, if he ever gets back to me, and I have to reflash my car back to stock, send him the handheld which I am sure I will pay the shipping, wait for him to put a new tune in or adjust the old one which he may charge me for too, then wait for him to ship it and then put the tune in and then what? Since the A/F was off to begin with, I will be going back to the dyno to double check the A/F because I am paranoid about Freds tunes and mail order tunes for that matter now. All that time and money will be more than just going back to the dyno and having two new tunes put in that are guaranteed safe for only another 190 bucks.
I hear you Man. I don't run Evo's tunes, just heard they do good business. But like what was said, it is Thxgiving weekend, so maybe that has something to do with it. I run B a m achips and Brenspeed's tunes and they've always been great about adjusting tunes for whatever reason. H*ll, B a m achips will adjust tunes after upgrading mods that you didn't even buy from him. However, for $190 to get tuned on a dyno...Don't pass that up. Just make sure the A/F reading is being taken before the cats to be sure of the reading. Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:31 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

The general consensus is that I should be at an A/F of 12.8-13.2 before the cat. And that if this dyno shop only uses tailpipe readings to tune, I should find another shop because it would be the best tune for the car because after the cat the A/F can change drastically, right????

Oh and I checked when I sent that email to Fred, it was about two weeks ago, so the holiday shouldn't have affected his slow response time.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:22 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

not drastically, typicall .2 or around that.