Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which louvers for xmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 05:28 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: which louvers for xmas

Sorry, I just made the poll 50/50...
Old 12-02-2006, 08:30 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

What I have and I like them a lot..

JMO

R

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

ROUSH wasn't an option, but, I really like mine.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:01 PM
wishIhada5.0
2nd Gear Member

I would go with the silver horse ones but I am a bit skeptical about taking out the glass and having to reseal it again, kinda like the old do it yourself sunroofs....i dont know if i want to get into that mess...ver nice looking though!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:00 AM
silverhorseracing

Ok, guys, let's just clear up the details here on this... I'm going to preface this by saying that if I wouldn't put it on my own car, or wouldn't be willing to do the work to put it on, I wouldn't make it for yours.

That said, these are just facts - I'm not out to put a flame suit on or anything, just want to make sure everyone understands what it is we're doing with this piece.

The louver uses the same adhesive sealant that the factory uses to hold the side glass in, just like the windshield glass on the Fox/SN-95 cars, etc... When dry, it is very effective at holding the glass in place (so much so that this is all the factory uses), as well as sealing out the water and other nasty stuff outside. We talked with BASF (our resin supplier, because they "don't make Mustang parts, they make Mustang parts better" )and they say that the urethane glue / sealant used in this application will work just fine to bond the resin piece to the car. This is NOT like the old school sunroofs (BTDT in my mis-spent youth), as products like those were exactly why I started this company - I didn't want to see people do something like that to their car that they would regret down the road when their date got a wet bottom from sitting in a rain-soaked car. (yeah, ask me how that went... )

As to installation (the work side of it) - figure 1 hour per side, doing the job by yourself with no power tools - I can say this because that's what it took me to do it with no help and camera in hand for the photo work. Tools required: some 3M painter's tape (to protect the finish), a ratchet, two sockets (one regular, one torx), a phillips screwdriver (for the coat hook), and the glass seal cutter of your choice ( I use the wire that looks like guitar string). The interior almost pops apart completely without tools, mask the body around the window just as a safety precaution (not required, but I wouldn't risk it) and cut the seal - the window pops out, clean the seal, apply new sealant to the louver, and install. Let it set for two hours minimum while you pop the interior back in, and you're ready to go. It really is that simple - it's just a mental "block" a lot of people have because it's not every day you need to remove the glass from your car - but you wouldn't think much of putting in an aftermarket shifter - and I have on this car - trust me the windows are probably an easier job... and you're not laying on your back to do them!

Anyway, I'm glad to answer questions / concerns / shortcomings of our piece, especially since nobody has seen them yet outside of a couple of shows. Once they get out there, I'm sure others will be able to post their experience with getting them installed and how they fit / function.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Convinced me [sm=hail.gif]

Any inside pics?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
silverhorseracing

The interior pictures we have don't do it justice because you can't see through the prototype piece. I should have production samples of the driver's side by the end of the week (hopefully) and will photograph them when they are installed. If I post the prototype pictures of the inside, it just creates more questions than answers, trust me... so just a little patience and I will get them for everyone, thanks.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:24 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Did you ever consider the fact, Mr silverhorseracing, you are not a PAYING ADVERTISER on MF ? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED, in fact I'll recommend it.

What gives you the right to push your "products" for free, whan, other sponsors pay to sell... ROUSCH, MRT etc...

Is the guy from jersey in cahoots with you ? Ya got 8 posts,........................ ALL trying to sell your products.

Get lost "Carpetbagger", pay-up or get lost, SHEESH !!!!!!!!![sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]

IMHO
Old 12-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

Did you ever consider the fact, Mr silverhorseracing, you are not a PAYING ADVERTISER on MF ? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED, in fact I'll recommend it.

What gives you the right to push your "products" for free, whan, other sponsors pay to sell... ROUSCH, MRT etc...

Is the guy from jersey in cahoots with you ? Ya got 8 posts,........................ ALL trying to sell your products.

Get lost "Carpetbagger", pay-up or get lost, SHEESH !!!!!!!!![sm=goodidea.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]

IMHO
Where was he pushing it? I don't think he was pushing it on anyone.
People asked questions, and all he did was clarify.
Maybe once they are out they will become a sponsor, but if people treat him like that maybe they wont.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:44 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

C'mon........... did you see his "SIG" ?? It links like right to his "selling website site"

He's selling without paying to advertise, CHECK it out . I ain't tryin' to be a hardass.

I expect everyone to follow the rules,............ just like WE have to.

IMHO
Old 12-05-2006, 01:14 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silverhorseracing

Can I vote?

Just for clarification - ours are a one-piece design, made from transparent smoke-tinted polycarbonate - the new Italian prototype Mustang look gives a good idea of what ours look like unpainted, and then of course they are paintable if you want. There is no glass in the piece at all, but they are a minimum thickness of .130" at the thinnest points, so there will be no issues with reliability, leakage, or life expectancy. (we're basically talking bullet proof glass material here, same as is used to make NASCAR windshields, etc...)
I'd like to see some hi-res photos. When will the production pieces be available, and from whom? Will they be available painted? Will the adhesive be a part of the package?

I do like the concept and I think they are a good design but I would like to see them in person. I'm in the Detroit area will they be shown here at any shows or anywhere else? If you like you can email or PM me so you won't be cheating.

Quick Reply: which louvers for xmas