Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang challenge

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 12:06 PM
bradzpony

Default mustang challenge

I'll be the first to admit that I don't drive my GT as aggressively as I could. I don't even think I have had it up to 100mph yet.
I thought I would share an experience that I had Sunday evening. I was attempting to pass a black GT, not sure of the model year but from the style it was anywhere from a '99 to '04. I was already going 60+ within a 50mph zone. It was like, as soon as they realized what kind of car was passing them, they started to speed up. And then slow down again. As soon as I started to pass them again they would speed up. What a jerk. Was I supposed to challenge this guy? I was already breaking the speed limit, plus in my opinion, it is extremely juvenile. Besides, mustang versus mustang, aren't we on the same side???

Brad
2006 Mustang GT
Torch Red/Dark Charcoal.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: mustang challenge

Hrmm... funny that you bring up the same side thing... I was under that same impression when I got my 05. I dunno about any of you but out here in Southern Cali- the older mustangs are the ones that want to race me the most. They aren't normally dicks or anything... I think that they are just curious to see what the newer models have and how the measure to the older ones. They'll just inquire about the car then ask to run um. I have had that highway thing happen to me- and once again I think that they are just testing you and your pony.

Now should you have passed him- thats up to you. If you dig the whole street racing thing then hell yeah... if you were trying to make an exit or something then umm yup... if you were just trying to pass just to pass and in no rush really then nah... no point too. NOW me- personally that drives me crazzzzy so I would've become irratated an smoked the =ucker... . I'm always down for a little race if the oppurtunity arrises and there is safe conditions. If I'm already cruisn' though about 15 over and they want to fly by then they can I wont speed up- I'll let them go... now if they fly upbeside me are revn' and gimmie the "I just want you to smoke me look"... then cccyyyaaaaa!
Old 11-28-2006, 03:27 PM
bradzpony

Default RE: mustang challenge

Yeah, eventually I did just floor it to get past him and make my exit. Just my luck he was going my way too. Once on the interstate (65mph speed limit) he blew past me. I was only doing around 70-75 at that time. I just let him go. Granted the newer Mustangs are rated higher HP, but who knows, he could have had a bunch of mods....mine is stock. Plus, mine is an automatic so that probably doesn't help either.