Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Impressions of the AOD performance @ the track.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 04:13 PM
silverpoison
2nd Gear Member

Default First Impressions of the AOD performance @ the track.

Alright guys after a long period of time without a car, we did the first test yesterday (only adjustments left). The tranny is killer, it is a nice sensation to race with that ratchet shifter. We raced on the street tune with pump gas yesterday ( needs some more time in the rollers).

My car went

7.753, 7.890, 7.756, It is getting there guys, I left the car with Adam for a couple of days more to adjust a couple of things with the tune and to check the wiring of the overdrive and the trans gauge ( they were not working ). I want to thank Adam for the great job and for the time he has spend dealing with some issues with the tranny manufacturer company (****ers). Adam says that after the adjustments It should be running easy in the 7.3's on the 1/8 of a mile. The car rides awsome and now is just time for a couple of adjustments.

It has a custom TC made at The Converter Shop with a 3800 rpm Stall. We were trying a couple of things such as Launching at different RPM's, We might try the Transbrake next weekend.

It was nice to see Don, Donna, Adam, John, Scott and 300HPGT. Hopefully I'll get some updates next weekend.

Adam's customer service is the BEST, he gave one of his cars to come back home.....he want's the car to be on the money.

HERE ARE SOME VIDEOS

Silverpoison vrs 2003GT with a Vortec @14psi.

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=Races018.flv

Second race

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=Races023.flv

eating rice with turbo

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=Races016.flv

I will post some pics next week with the other goodies....
Old 12-02-2006, 05:44 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: First Impressions of the AOD performance @ the track.

SHHH!! please delete this thread!!! Don't let these 5 speed guys know what out automatics are capable of!
j/k! [8D]

For those that don't know wit the right tune these autos can be made to run and run fast!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:03 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Thats awesome, nice numbers! Where did you get your ratchet shifter though?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:42 PM
silverpoison
2nd Gear Member

MMM...For those of you guys don't know this is a race tranny, is AOD, Is an automatic with a manual valve body, it has 3 speeds + overdrive. This particular transmission also has a transbrake, I can rev my car up to 5000 rpms and just push a switch an it launches like a rocket. We are working on a couple of thing right now, they are minor things like the trans temp gauge, it was not reading at all and the OD switch was disonnected. I drove the car on the freeway and it is very nice, you have to get used to it. I will be doing another test on Irwindale next thursday with the race tune (VP 110) and with the 10 psi pulley ( we were racing only with 8 psi yesterday). Line locks are comming next week, I got me a nice piece for my switches. The ratchet shifter is Awsome I have the B&M shifter, is a little weird to shift like this but is nice. it looks killer on the car, I got a lot of compliments at the track yesterday. They told me that the only thing I need to have inside of the car is a BIG TAC+Shiftlight.

Here is a pic of my custom made piece for the switches + gauge...bye bye cup holder....ohh well who needs to drink @ 130 MPH...

Old 12-02-2006, 07:33 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Wow, didnt know it was a totally different tranny, thats pretty cool. I like the piece you had made, looks awesome and a great use of the cupholders in a track car lol! Do you plan on doing any 1/4s any time soon? Id love to see what you hit, since Im not very familiar with 1/8ths. That B&M ratchet you have wouldnt happen to be compatible with our stock tranny would it? I want a ratchet shifter
Old 12-02-2006, 07:45 PM
silverpoison
2nd Gear Member

I'll post some numbers as soon as I hit a 1/4 mile track, we don't have to many close to Los Angeles. I am sure I'll get high 11's on the street tune and mid 11's on the race tune maybe 11.20's. I don't think the B&M ratchet works with the 05 Automatic tranny. I'll be making a full article on all the mods I am doing right now. Some videos will be up soon. The goal for now is to get a 10's time slip on the stock motor. Send me a PM if you are interested on the cupholder switch to give you details on it.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:20 PM
James Cole
1st Gear Member

I like the look of that piece that you made, it looks very classy and high quality should match the interior very well.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:06 AM
silverpoison
2nd Gear Member

I will post some pics as soon as possible.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:23 AM
DuFFMaNN
4th Gear Member

Very nice, keep up that good work
Old 12-03-2006, 06:38 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Man I wish I was closer to cali so I could enjoy some of that good ol S.T tuning. Does Adam work with SCT at all? I've heard nothing but good about this guy. If I was back in vegas I'd be making trips every weekend to S.T. But funk cali emissions and saftey laws and regs.

Quick Reply: First Impressions of the AOD performance @ the track.