Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is this Bozo

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 11:10 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Who is this Bozo

5th Gear reviewed the GT500, not Top Gear... even though theyre just as bad. They bash American cars just like Top Gear does.. I doubt theres a British show that doesnt bash us....
Old 12-04-2006, 12:14 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Yeah because we are fat, cheap, and unsofisticated.. and to them it refelects on everything we produce. Americans and Britts have differences, thats why we left Its always been that way...I mean...we are two different countries.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

i thought clarkson liked the ford GT, he even bought one i think.

he also loved the corvette/z06, he also did a review on the mustang as the greatest car ever.

but to be honest, our stangs arnt to great on the track compared to the cars theyre comparing.

My mistake, not Clarkson, it was 5th Gears Tiff Needell that is the ford Hater, he is the one who made the videos of the mustang and Shelby,
he made one about the Z06 and made fun of it as well, saying that it had a Balsa wood floor board and acrylic plastic wings" bla bla..

as far as the track,I am Going to VIR (Virginia International Speedway) next weekend, I will video tape my session, This will be fun ,,,
http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php...d=120&Itemid=1

haha really thats awesome, i'm taking my S13 240sx to summit point soon enough after i get my sway bars and poly urethane bushings in.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:58 AM
MK2_GT
1st Gear Member

He just does not get the Mustang.....I agree he is overly harsh. (on another note The GT500 review was not bad at all IMHO)

However he does not give all american muscle cars a bad review, He loved the Ford GT and said the Ford GTX1 was as good as anything he had ever driven:

Here is the review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHno2pka2eY

Also he is a Viper fan....I think he just does not like Mustangs.

Here is the Viper Top Gear episode:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1-KKYoiFgB4

Old 12-04-2006, 03:13 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

However he does not give all american muscle cars a bad review, He loved the Ford GT and said the Ford GTX1 was as good as anything he had ever driven:
The Ford GT is not a muscle car.. it is a super car.
Same for the Viper.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:51 AM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

common guys it was embarassing .... but definitely funny. after a hundred years were not better off when we started common....thats gotta make you laugh.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well to be fair there are a lot more of us that are fat and unsofisticated than aren't. And compared to the other cars he mentioned the interior is crap. I thought that review was pretty honest, but it's not the cars fault he has to import it and pay all kinds of taxes, that's his countries fault.

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Yeah because we are fat, cheap, and unsofisticated.. and to them it refelects on everything we produce. Americans and Britts have differences, thats why we left Its always been that way...I mean...we are two different countries.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:40 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Americans and Britts have differences, thats why we left.
Who are the we that you refer to? I thought it was the Puritans (Britts) who had left England in the early 1600s, because of their disagreements with the Church of England.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Have fun at VIR, my father use to run there backin the old days before it closed, and now a few friends of mine run there now in various classes. That track is a blast!!! Are you getting a fulltrack or part track session? If you are running full course or south course, look out for Oak Tree, it can be a doozy if your not ready for it.

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

i thought clarkson liked the ford GT, he even bought one i think.

he also loved the corvette/z06, he also did a review on the mustang as the greatest car ever.

but to be honest, our stangs arnt to great on the track compared to the cars theyre comparing.

My mistake, not Clarkson, it was 5th Gears Tiff Needell that is the ford Hater, he is the one who made the videos of the mustang and Shelby,
he made one about the Z06 and made fun of it as well, saying that it had a Balsa wood floor board and acrylic plastic wings" bla bla..

as far as the track,I am Going to VIR (Virginia International Speedway) next weekend, I will video tape my session, This will be fun ,,,
http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php...d=120&Itemid=1

Old 12-04-2006, 12:50 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Please. This is coming from a country that touts the mini as a great car and jags as reliable. If it wasent for the big fat americans, GB would be an extension of germany right now.

Look at american muscle cars in the 60's, then look at the british, german, japenese, POS that were out there that were comparitivly crude go carts, and anyone will agree that we are doing ok.

And yes, if I was flailing a car on the track, I would not choose a mustang gt. But I am not at a track, I am on the street and I still say it is an amazing car for what it costs.

Quick Reply: Who is this Bozo