Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no throttle lag, no tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:50 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Default no throttle lag, no tune

i bought my 2006 mustang gt in july 2006, and it was manufactured in june 2006. it is still bone stock, and i don't feel any throttle lag at all. i hit the gas and the car flies. if i'm super low in the rpm range (1-2k rpms), the car kinda bogs, but if im at 3500 rpm in 1st gear, and floor it, my car takes off. that's why i don't understand what all of this throttle lag is. granted i also have a manual, but still...if this is throttle lag, then damn, i can't wait to get a tuner....
Old 12-04-2006, 02:00 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: no throttle lag, no tune

Yeah that's what I said until I got the CAI and tune, after I got it I could DEFINITELY tell the difference. Its immediate and powerful. When you go CAI and tune, I say go Brenspeed you wont be disappointed[8D]
Old 12-04-2006, 02:03 PM
blk05stang
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I don't think all cars have this problem. I had no throttle lag before getting a tune but I test drove an automatic before buying my car and it did have some lag.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

I don't think you notice it as much with the manual trans cars. But, yes, after the tune you notice the lack thereof!

(And imyy4u, no way is a "bone stock" GT manual pulling 300 HP. 265 HP at the wheels is about right. Def get a CAI / Tune and you'll be pulling closer to the magic 300. It's night and day).
Old 12-04-2006, 04:29 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u
i don't feel any throttle lag at all. i hit the gas and the car flies. if i'm super low in the rpm range (1-2k rpms), the car kinda bogs, but if im at 3500 rpm in 1st gear, and floor it, my car takes off. that's why i don't understand what all of this throttle lag is.
Thats what I have been saying. I have no throttle lag with my automatic. I punch it any time and its gone. I must be a very lucky Mustang owner because a lot of the troubles and problems people complain about I just don't have. I think some people are too picky or just like to complain. But my fingers are crossed!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:24 PM
frodaddi
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

I don't think you notice it as much with the manual trans cars. But, yes, after the tune you notice the lack thereof!
I have a manual and never really noticed the throttle lag until I started heel-toe shifting. But with the stock tune when you reach over to 'blip' the throttle when downshifting, nothing happens unless you actually hold your foot there for a little while. The elimination of throttle lag makes heel-toe so much easier and more effective.

Kevin
Old 12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

i bought my 2006 mustang gt in july 2006, and it was manufactured in june 2006. it is still bone stock, and i don't feel any throttle lag at all. i hit the gas and the car flies. if i'm super low in the rpm range (1-2k rpms), the car kinda bogs, but if im at 3500 rpm in 1st gear, and floor it, my car takes off. that's why i don't understand what all of this throttle lag is. granted i also have a manual, but still...if this is throttle lag, then damn, i can't wait to get a tuner....
Cold weather really helps out the throttle lag for stock cars.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT
[Cold weather really helps out the throttle lag for stock cars.
Helps out as in there is less lag or more?

I could read a novel by the time my car kicks into passing gear.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: Rupp

[Cold weather really helps out the throttle lag for stock cars.
Helps out as in there is less lag or more?

I could read a novel by the time my car kicks into passing gear.

helps as is reduces...

You got an Auto I take? You could always manually shift 1,2,3 [8D] 3rd maxes out at like 90, you don't need to go faster than that [8D]

Get a tuner and you can change where your car shifts and the shift pressure or w/e its called.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

helps as is reduces...

You got an Auto I take? You could always manually shift 1,2,3 [8D] 3rd maxes out at like 90, you don't need to go faster than that [8D]

Get a tuner and you can change where your car shifts and the shift pressure or w/e its called.
Yea I want a tuner/CAI kit but my dealer told me that they are very very picky about seeing these and I need some minor things done before going that route.

Quick Reply: no throttle lag, no tune