Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got her a little banged up..Please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:30 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Got her a little banged up..Please help

Wow...you guys are buggin me out with all these different opinians on insurance. I am an honest person and I plan on dealing with this issue the right way and not commiting fruad. But im not gunna lie, if the cost is way over the top I may have to consider the insurance method. I did not damage the other car. The guy didn't even know I touched him. I was just in a rush and being impatient while navigating between two cars and I just cliped his big over-hanging bumper. I will use this as a learning experience and try not to get bent out of shape. (no pun intended) lol...but I know a shop where one of my friend's father used to work at and hes gonna give the guy a call for me. I would hate to have to take it to ford, I really don't like the dealers around here. I will get a few estimates later today and tomorrow and go to ford if I really need to or if insurance is going to help. Thanks for your input, I know all of you know how I feel because we all love our cars. If this wsn't a mustang I wouldn't even fix it.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:34 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED
How about when the insurance company raises rates without reason ? Is that not stealing ?
JMO
When you buy insurance, you are buying a service. Services can increase in price for any reason. If you don't like the rates then try another company. I switched to Geico after being with statefarm for years. There rates were just not competitive enough after I got the mustang. I probably should have switched years ago. My insurance agent tried to convince me that Geico was a bad company and they will raise my rates after I sign up, but I told him i'd take my chances.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:00 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I would visit the vocatonal department at school and see if the body shop class would help you.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:31 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Yeah, its too bad I don't have one...

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I would visit the vocatonal department at school and see if the body shop class would help you.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:31 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

If you always tell the truth and never lie.. you have nothing to hide...

JMO .. but what I do in life the best I can.. yes sometimes you have to tell a little white lie..

but that is normally about how somebody looks or you are trying to up lift somebody else..

you are 17.. man up and do the right thing... !!!!

R
Old 12-07-2006, 08:20 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Here in MA it's collision not comp. You collide with somethin it's collision. With no one else involved (meaning you are at fault) you pay the deductible and ins co pays the rest. Problem is your risk changes and your rates go up. Worth it if you total your car but if you have a $1000 claim so you pay $500 ded and they pay $500, it isn't worth it. You are better off paying the full $1000 and leaving the ins co out of it. You should be asking your ins agent what they recommend as far as whether filing a claim is wise financially. Asking this question is not fraud. They will be happy to advise you. (get a couple estimates first). Do the research then the decisions will be easy for you.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

#1 Could someone please help/tell me how to put QUOTES in those nice boxes ?
on to the next issues :
#2 moosestang wait till you have a claim with GEICO (i hope note) cuz you will feel like you are talking to that stupid Lizard, or maybe the Progressive Caveman....

#3 GOOD Insurance companies don't have to advertise 24/7, nor do they need more customers, because they are already "rippin" off their current customer base, but, will pay out correctly, when, they have to.

#4 It's dollars vs performance, the older established companies charge more and give more. The TV and Phone Guys, charge less and give lesser.

JMO
Old 12-08-2006, 12:29 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

#1 Could someone please help/tell me how to put QUOTES in those nice boxes ?
on to the next issues :
Copy/Paste anything you want in quote box into your reply. Highlight in your reply anything you want in quote box. Click 'quote' button above. (There are other ways but that's an easy one.)
Old 12-08-2006, 06:34 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Ok so the estimate........200-275 to fix existing dented fender and perfect paint matching... how does that sound??
Old 12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

not too freaking bad. i'd probably take that deal

Quick Reply: Got her a little banged up..Please help