Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen Supercharger Owners Chime in...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 06:23 PM
potro
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Supercharger Owners Chime in...

i paid 4700 for just the s/c then 300 for maf and intake, and 200 for injectors, then 150 for custom tune because i figured sallen would serioulsy undertune the thing. so yea your getting a real good deal
Who did you get them from? I have the Saleen blower with their tune and want to upgrade. Also, If some one knows of a good tuner in the SOCAL area or even in Phoenix Az please tell me since I want to get a custom tune. Keep the feedback coming guys!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Haulupki
1st Gear Member

The first mod I did was a Saleen S/C and I would do it again in a heart beat. I bought the 475 HP kit for them but that was a mistake. I ended up going with the JDM set-up a week later. I would not even send Saleen your computer for reflash. Get a Dyno tune or JDM tune (escpecially for an auto). I put down 447rwhp and 430rwtq dyno tuned, with stock exhaust and intake with the 3.2 pulley. Since then I got a JDM tune, and their mass air kit, with a set of kooks headers and the difference was obvious and huge but no dyno sheets to be exact but easily over 450 hp. The hood fitment is tight and was fine for me, but I put in the 1/2 lower mounts along with the headers while I was at it, and had it apart. All in all it is specifically designed for our cars and is extremely reliable. There are thousands of these on the road, with very few complaints. Lots of fuel and a good tune is all you should really worry about with this kit, but that goes for every FI set-up.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:37 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

So what do they do in the tune to lower the horsepower? The place that did your tuning is in Orange Park right? I might take my car there when/if I ever get a power adder.

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

one last thing, my tuner said that he could actuall get me maybe about 20 more hp on this current set up, but i said no, i also had him make me a daily riving tune for 400. just keeping it safe
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

yea in orange park, let me know, ill get you a ggod price
Old 12-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Slofoot

I am thoroughly satisfied with my Saleen setup. I have done nothing to the tranny but add a higher stall TCI converter for better launches at the track. Hawgman's GT500 intercooler reservoir mod is the bomb! You just might have to get crushed ice to fill her up or do it 1 cube at a time! My car has been 100% reliable for 10K+ miles now and lotsa passes at the track. 11.32 @ 120 mph on 9.5 psi and an automatic is not weak in my humble opinion.[sm=wootwoot.gif]