Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cup Holder

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 12:38 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cup Holder

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

Just noticed today that the cup holder in the back of the center console has a little tab you can remove to make it deeper. I can now have my coffee and not have to rest my arm on my coffee cup!
Looks like it might make a good little hiding place for small things too.....

Sorry.. most of you probably have noticed this already... but I was pleasantly surprised.
This is absolutley hilarious!
I just noticed this the other day....I have had my car for months...
I thought it was a great place for hiding "things" from the cops....

So funny.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:38 AM
ScreaminYella06
1st Gear Member

It only took me 6 months to figure it out. I found a round piece of rubber on the floorboard the other day and took a while to find out where it belonged. Must have came out when I passed over it with the vaccume. Anyway now I can shift and store a drink at the same time. I cussed fir moths about how hard it was to drive with a drink sticking up so high. Amazing how excited small things like that can make you.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:04 AM
ss
2nd Gear Member

You guys are probably too young to catch the Saturday Night Live referencce but....
"You can put your WEEED in there !"
I hope someone remembers this, or at least remembers the thread about a year ago where we all laughed about this.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:33 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

HAh this is funny I never noticed this cover till this thread. Looked this morning on my way to work and tier it was. Nice design touch.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:57 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

I can't believe so many people are just discovering this.

I found it when I test drove my car.

Of course I go over every inch of a car when i take it out for a test.[sm=icon_rtfm.gif]
Old 12-13-2006, 12:14 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

I understand your desire to have "tissues" on hand. I've kept a box in the car for years. Both my last and the GT don't really allow for much of a passenger in the rear, and I don't really like hauling people, so, I keep my "tissues" in the foot well of the rear passenger side seat. I can easily reach it if need be, driving or not. But I'm a six footer.

In the footwell behind the driver's seat, I keep two black towels of smallish (hand towell, or kitchen towell) size, come in handy as "placemats" for the lap if eating in the car becomes a need. Of course, only eats of the "less messy" type are consumed in the car.

ORIGINAL: Jens07stang

Maybe you guys will understand my excitement then.... I just found out that I can fit a whole box of tissues (not the standard box, but the still pretty large cube style box) in the storage area behind those cup holders. It fits nice and neat in the very back and there's still room in front of it fo some odds and ends. Now I can just lift the lid of the storage area and grab a tissue at any given moment! It's ok if it doesn't thrill you as much as it does me. I understand because my husband looked at me like I was nuts when I ran in the house to tell him about it just the other day. Ford must have done their homework!
Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

It's great for when you drive with the windows open (or the top down for you 'vert owners).
Having the cup sit lower is more aerodynamic, and decreases drag.
I figure I must be going 0.2 quicker in the quarter mile.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

I looked down and saw the tab sticking up. I said to my gf "look, a little lip to keep **** from sliding between cupholders!" I thought that was some subtle engineering, until she grabbed it and lifted it out.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:07 AM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

haha ya surprised me too, found it a couple months back
Old 12-13-2006, 05:35 AM
skinjob
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ss
You guys are probably too young to catch the Saturday Night Live referencce but....
"You can put your WEEED in there !"
I hope someone remembers this, or at least remembers the thread about a year ago where we all laughed about this.
I believe that was a skit with Christian Slater. This amazing cup-holder that Ford engineers toiled over can actually hold a 1 liter bottle securely. Something I've never seen any car cup-holder do before. I've seen cars where the cup holders are in front of the shifter which makes them not get in the way so much, but I still think they were right when they put the shifter as far forward as they could. Nice quick trip from the steering wheel for your hand.

-J

Quick Reply: Cup Holder