Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Time Performance Dual Electric Cut-Outs Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:25 AM
2nd II None
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Quick Time Performance Dual Electric Cut-Outs Installed!!!

I said as do we?Is that letting everyone know?I guess you can call that an advertisement however I will let the moderators call the shots. I think it would be different if my website was like blowbyracing.com or like the other vendors on here. My customers have no way of purchasing from me online. I am just stating what I have done to my mustang and what company I used. I am guilty as charge by VSOP....Back to the regular post...This will be my last reply and I will reply back to everyones questions once the moderators decide if the post is going to be deleted or not.As much as I dont want to be a jerk,I am here to help out the mustang community but I cant do so if everyone is going to think I am trying to make money off the forums.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Fast Toys
Banned

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

ORIGINAL: 2nd II None

as do we [8D] ..

NOTE:This is not a simple job. It takes a lot of fabrication and precision to place the cut outs after the cats. I know of another mustang owner that did it right before the pipes hump over the axle but wasnt too fond of that idea
If I had you install them and knowing everything about installing, how much would you charge for installation?

I would expect a muffler shop to charge you for 1.5-2.0 hours labour to weld in the cutouts. You would have to run your own wiring. There is an optional electronic controller available now as well

ORIGINAL: Fast Toys

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Where is it availible to purchase?

We sell them
Still waiting for the exhaust tips. Did you ever get them designed?
3 prototypes in the works!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:20 PM
2nd II None
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 555*

I'll play the skeptic, hows does that help with performance? Its a big fact that the cats are what cause so much of the power loss in the exhaust(esides the short headers). Seems kinda pointless, but I'd have to see some dyno #s. I would have done something like that after a set of LTs and b4 a catted X or h-pipe. When are you gonna dyno it? I've hope they changed their motor system as a lot of the guys I've heard feedback from have had their electric motor thingies freeze up and the non exhaust side stray stuck open, but QT has great service though.
On the low end it hurts because you need some backpressure, but when you open the QTs up in the higher rpms, your exhaust in effect, becomes a free flowing exhaust. Ever been in an old school Cobra? Those machines run with open headers! By placing the QTs as close as possible to the engine, the less restriction the exhaust will have. This way the engine doesn't have to fight the exhaust system in the higher rpms. I understand that the cats rob you of hp, but I believe that placing the QTs right after them cancels out any loss of hp/tq numbers that the kitties take. Also, I live in CA, so I can keep the greenies happy w/o cutting out or bypassing the kitties. When I upgraded to the dubs, I couldn't chirp from 1st to 2nd anymore. After I installed the QT's I can chirp it no problemo now. I can definitely feel a difference from stock. I will do a dyno pass one of these days. To each his own...

ORIGINAL: ANBAUTO

damn finially i see how someone has done it ive been wanting to do this as well! please dyno it and let me know if its worth it and sounds clips please!!! thank you!
It is do-able but I dont want to give everyone the wrong impression that it was a simple job...

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

You think this would help make my car more of a sleeper? Could I leave it as a single exhaust and add these?
you can run these on the single exhaust. I dont see why not

ORIGINAL: JGT

I absolutely love this idea...Keep it mellow for the 7am commute, then hit a switch and open them up when heading out on a Saturday to scare off the ricers. I'll throw out some random questions in hopes someone has some answers.

Would there be any problems with adding these after the crossover? If you opened it up there, wouldn't it essentially sound like the SLP exhaust? If you do it after the cats, you still have the cats to mellow it out a bit and keep it from getting too raspy, but how will no H/X crossover effect the sound?

Any drawbacks to running them open for long periods of time?

About how many hours of later would this take a good exhaust shop?
I already tried to do it after the crossover pipe and it is impossible because I ran into some fitment problems.

The only drawbacks that I have encountered was my hearing. It is freaking loud!!! I havent thrown a CEL even with the QTPs open

As for the hours involved,I would say atleast 5-6 hours if not more.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:29 AM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

Any updates on soundclips and could you please post the install photos again? They dont seem to be working...
Old 05-16-2007, 10:48 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: offrdmania

Any updates on soundclips and could you please post the install photos again? They dont seem to be working...
Wheres the sound clips???
Old 05-16-2007, 11:57 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

SOUND CLIPS BUMP
Old 05-17-2007, 12:16 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

x2!!!..

thinking about doing this.. and clips WOULD HELP
Old 05-17-2007, 12:46 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

honestly im gonna bump this thread like every 5 minutes until i get major vids/pics that work
Old 05-17-2007, 12:49 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

hahaha

good idea.. seriosuly tho.. there are NO vids or clips of the GT with cutouts..

WE NEED THESE D@MN THINGS...

Old 05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

tag

Quick Reply: Quick Time Performance Dual Electric Cut-Outs Installed!!!