Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gain a few ponies?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default Gain a few ponies?

I am just wondering if there is anything I can do to get some more horses before tonight...

I am racing a slightly modded SRT-4, a modded 06 GT, and a pretty modded 2002 GT.

Some guy at school recommended an octane booster... Is it worth it?
Old 12-15-2006, 06:01 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Gain a few ponies?

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]

It will cause you major misfires. Our plugs freak over octane booster. Trust me on this one! No! Don't!! Never!!
Old 12-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]

It will cause you major misfires. Our plugs freak over octane booster. Trust me on this one! No! Don't!! Never!!
Lol, good I guess, I wasn't really into the $10 price tag for octane booster [:@]
Old 12-15-2006, 06:04 PM
adj86
2nd Gear Member

Yeah stay away from the octane booster. You might have already done this, but you might could remove the HC trap on the intake. Some people say it throws a code but others say it doesn't, i heard it frees up a few horses. Good luck tonight let us know how it goes.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:04 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

dont drive the car hard before the race so it isent so hot, that'll help you use your peak hp/tq
Old 12-15-2006, 06:06 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Make sure your radio is off, your AC, and TCS. You can always remove your spare tire and jack along with the back seat.

-Jeff
Old 12-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Yea I have heard about te HCT trap... And I have heard about how are cars run great when cold...

Hey I was also wondering, if the cops come, and we leave before they get there, I have a friend who lives like 3 mins away from where we are racing, could I be parked outside and not get a ticket?

I think I will remove the spare tire before I go great recommendation! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 12-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

This wont help the HP but will help you hook!Let the air out of the rear tires to about 20-25lbs & inflate the fronts more than they are already..This will transfer the weight ALOT better!Less tire spin = better ETs!!And as mentioned earlier take the spare/jack/rear seat/floor mats & empty your glove box.That will shave close to or put you right at a 100lbs weight reduction!It will take all of 45min to do these things & you will cut about 3(give or take a tenth depending on how good of a driver you are)tenths from your ET.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: Norse1974

This wont help the HP but will help you hook!Let the air out of the rear tires to about 20-25lbs & inflate the fronts more than they are already..This will transfer the weight ALOT better!Less tire spin = better ETs!!And as mentioned earlier take the spare/jack/rear seat/floor mats & empty your glove box.That will shave close to or put you right at a 100lbs weight reduction!It will take all of 45min to do these things & you will cut about 3(give or take a tenth depending on how good of a driver you are)tenths from your ET.
My tires are pretty bad, would driving around with less/more psi than recommended hurt 'em at all?

Doesn't removing the tires reduce like 50 lbs?
Old 12-15-2006, 06:31 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Nah, not unless you are driving a couple hundred miles that way! Also, spin the tires a little before you line up just to clean them off. No need to do a smokey Top Fuel burnout.[8D]

Quick Reply: Gain a few ponies?