Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need major help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default Need major help!!!

ok well i need some big help before tomorrow morning.

-Clutch goes out.

-Tow truck tows it to ford dealership 3 hours away.

-Car has been there a week

-They call saying its done.

-I drive 3 hours down there

-Go into the back to get my car

-start it up, bring it to the front.

ok, i put the car back to the stock tune before the tow truck originally took it to the dealership.

Take my tuner out, plug it in, select 91 octane tune. load it up. try to start car..........Car wont start. Put it back to stock again.....Car wont start...I messed with it, not changing anything just switching tunes 87,89,91 etc...Car STILL will not start. I did this for a good 45 minutes. While this is going on the 9 sales guys out front are watching me. They finally come over and ask whats up. I tell them, so they try to help. Me and the 9 sales guys are trying to get it to start for a good hour.

The gas gauge read 1/2 a tank. Then someone finally said. Maybe its out of gas and the gauge is messed up. So they get Brake Cleaner?...anyways they take my C&L CAI off and spray some into this http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/638/enginemdyw4.jpg , While trying to start the car. Well the car starts and dies immediately. They alright all we need is gas. So one of the sales guys takes a truck to go get some gas. he comes back, we fill it up. Still wont start...Try the tuner again...Still wont start..So they spray the stuff again with a fresh 5 gallons of gas...Starts..dies again.

By the way, when i mean 'wont start'... it wants to start, i can hear it. it just wont.

So i need your help big time, the sales guys and me were there for 5 solid hours messing with it. Will not start. oh and one of the mechanic/service guys did come over, but he saw the tuner and said 'you are out of luck buddy' then he left. So I left my car there. Drove back 3 hours to my house. I dont know what to do....I guess I'll go back there tomorrow. but what am i gonna do there, it wont start!!! I need some suggestions so when i make that 3 hour [:@] drive back down there, i can try some stuff...I need some advise on what to do.

We tried everything!

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need major help!!!

64 views and no one knows?

Old 12-17-2006, 01:44 AM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like they updated your computer and now the codes are different than what your SCT is setup for. There is a nice writeup about it from a GREAT TUNER who writers on another site.
Hint:
ROLL TIDE, Go AlaBAMA, Crimson Tide..
Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

you confused me
Old 12-17-2006, 01:49 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

So all arwing has to do is get them to throw a tune back on there? Why didn't the new downloaded tune upload again? Why didn't the 91 tune work? The car started and drove fine for at least a few minutes, if I read this right.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: Arwing

ok well i need some big help before tomorrow morning.

-Clutch goes out.

-Tow truck tows it to ford dealership 3 hours away.

-Car has been there a week

-They call saying its done.

-I drive 3 hours down there

-Go into the back to get my car

-start it up, bring it to the front.

ok, i put the car back to the stock tune before the tow truck originally took it to the dealership.

Take my tuner out, plug it in, select 91 octane tune. load it up. try to start car..........Car wont start. Put it back to stock again.....Car wont start...I messed with it, not changing anything just switching tunes 87,89,91 etc...Car STILL will not start. I did this for a good 45 minutes. While this is going on the 9 sales guys out front are watching me. They finally come over and ask whats up. I tell them, so they try to help. Me and the 9 sales guys are trying to get it to start for a good hour.

The gas gauge read 1/2 a tank. Then someone finally said. Maybe its out of gas and the gauge is messed up. So they get Brake Cleaner?...anyways they take my C&L CAI off and spray some into this http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/638/enginemdyw4.jpg , While trying to start the car. Well the car starts and dies immediately. They alright all we need is gas. So one of the sales guys takes a truck to go get some gas. he comes back, we fill it up. Still wont start...Try the tuner again...Still wont start..So they spray the stuff again with a fresh 5 gallons of gas...Starts..dies again.

By the way, when i mean 'wont start'... it wants to start, i can hear it. it just wont.

So i need your help big time, the sales guys and me were there for 5 solid hours messing with it. Will not start. oh and one of the mechanic/service guys did come over, but he saw the tuner and said 'you are out of luck buddy' then he left. So I left my car there. Drove back 3 hours to my house. I dont know what to do....I guess I'll go back there tomorrow. but what am i gonna do there, it wont start!!! I need some suggestions so when i make that 3 hour [:@] drive back down there, i can try some stuff...I need some advise on what to do.

We tried everything!

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will try to explain this as best I can.

-You return your car back to stock. Your car has a code in the computer and it will only run properly with that code.
-The Mechanics change your cars "code"
-You upload a tune from your car with the old code on it.
-car reads the different code and goes, "WTFBBQ?!?!?"

That is my explanation, there is a long right up about it somewhere, I will try and find it for ya.

I think that is what is with it. I dunno, I read an article a wile ago and am a lil hazy with it.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

ORIGINAL: Arwing

I will try to explain this as best I can.

-You return your car back to stock. Your car has a code in the computer and it will only run properly with that code.
-The Mechanics change your cars "code"
-You upload a tune from your car with the old code on it.
-car reads the different code and goes, "WTFBBQ?!?!?"

That is my explanation, there is a long right up about it somewhere, I will try and find it for ya.

I think that is what is with it. I dunno, I read an article a wile ago and am a lil hazy with it.
yeah, guys on another forums said that's what happened. makes sense. and if yuo could please find that write up, thatd be great. thanks.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:00 AM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I read that too, and have been look'n all over for it...can't find it. You'll probably have to wait until Monday to have the service dept fix the codes. I remember the post saying that you should keep a record of the factory code in the event this happens.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Lol, Anoxia, if that is your real name,

I got the article, sorry mods for posting the other forums [&o]
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=661846
Old 12-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT