Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Microsoft ZUNE

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 02:40 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Microsoft ZUNE

I just can't help myself. Name one mainstream app that runs on windows that has no equivalent on the Apple platform. I bet I can find a free version that's better quality.
Viruses and keyloggers don't count either.
Also, you can boot window on a mac.. at the same time.. or just run windows apps on a Mac. That simple.

If you don't like the Mac GUI.. your going to hate Vista when it comes out...

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

The Creative Labs is nice. The screen is a little small, but it supports almost any kind of music and/or video file. And the transfer tool is 100x easier to use than the one for the Zune. Go for the Creative Labs one if you have the choice.

And I know someone did NOT just give props to Mac... Mac's are nice for about 30 seconds, until you realize that hardly any software companies support them, and those that do mark up the Mac-supported products because the programming just isn't that "mainstream" yet. And IMO, most of the Mac stuff looks like it was either made for toddlers, or teenage girls. A little too "bubbly" for me.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:48 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

I'll admit that the Macs are finally getting a little more support, but only just recently. And it's mainly because people like myself (I went to school for IT) can't stand Windows, or pretty much any product Microsoft comes out with. And unfortunately they hold a pretty good monopoly right now. I prefer Linux myself, but it's far too complicated for most everyday users. Apple/Macintosh just faltered too long. It took them too long to go from the old green screens of the 80's to something more modern and user friendly.

PRGT, what are you using to convert to WMV? I've tried a few programs, but they all seem to like to take forever and/or freeze up.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:49 PM
S281SC Serial 1234
1st Gear Member

I use Cucusoft to convert videos for the Zune it supports mpeg, avi, realplayer RM, MOV, DVRMS (media center TV videos) and more....even DVD movies to a Zune playable video.

Unfortunately it's not free but it's well worth the price for what it can do for the Zune......it converted my media center TV recorded videos 1 hour long takes about 30 minutes then sync to the Zune much faster than any othersi've tried
Old 01-07-2007, 06:14 PM
vitalmind

really wish ppl would not knock the zune, its not that bad at all. and the video support is not bad either. what most ppl dont think about is using psp video 9 (the psp software) and it converts whatever u want to play on the zune. ive had zero problems with it and have had no issues with the zune software either. and they have a car pack for the zune which uses a wireless fm signal and u select a station with static (liek satelite radio) and it plays just fine. they have it on there website. comes with a car charger and all. they are also coming out with a docking station for it in the car like some of the satelite radios have.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 PM
S281SC Serial 1234
1st Gear Member

wireless FM transmitters are a waste of money IMO....I got myself a $100 sony radio (installed) with front aux input jack the playback does not get staticky like the wireless ones and the radio even plays mp3 cd's and wma and scrolls the ID3 tags on the display definately worth the extra $50 above the price of a wireless your ears will thank you for it
Old 01-08-2007, 12:55 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

I haven't had any problems loading videos on mine.......It's microsoft, there's a way around everything.

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

It will work, same basic interface. However, I will add my $.02 here...get rid of the Zune, and get rid of it now! I've had a Creative Labs Zen 30gb MP3 player for about a year, and just recently picked up the Zune because I liked the bigger screen. Problem being that the Zune supports very, VERY few video types. So all the movies I had on my Zen and on my computer won't load onto the Zune. Just FYI...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:16 AM
vitalmind

Ive never had a radio with the aux input, never had a prob with the transmitters either so i guess just lucky lol. i may have to look into gettin a radio with it. problem is am i in my car long enough to ever need it. most times im in there for the length of like 5 or songs lol. which radio did ya get if i may ask?

ORIGINAL: S281SC Serial 1234

wireless FM transmitters are a waste of money IMO....I got myself a $100 sony radio (installed) with front aux input jack the playback does not get staticky like the wireless ones and the radio even plays mp3 cd's and wma and scrolls the ID3 tags on the display definately worth the extra $50 above the price of a wireless your ears will thank you for it
Old 01-08-2007, 04:46 AM
S281SC Serial 1234
1st Gear Member

my ears are really sensitive to static noise every wireless FM transmitter iv'e tried is crap...LOL

first sony i had installed was the CDXGT110 for $99 which did not have the mp3 and wma cd playback so I upgraded it to the CDXGT210 for an extra $10 plus a $20 wire harness for the radio. got it from circuit city they did same day install for free which isn't really free when I looked at the receipt the radio was $70...then they itemized the rest as parts and labor which I think is false advertising but it was within my budget all in all @ $130...the faceplate is detachable on both models.

oh this was installed on a 97' stang....the front aux input is great plays just about as good as a store bought CD
Old 01-10-2007, 07:25 PM
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

How can I install a Aux imput in my 2005 mustang? Where do I need to go for the install?
Old 04-14-2008, 04:55 PM
hap hazzard

I also have a Zune, but a different question. I have the basic AM/FM CD player radio in my '06 which also has the AUX button. Is there a jack on the back of the radio that I can hook up my Zune and Sirius radio into? If so, how do I get the radio out of the dash. I had 3 dodge trucks that were very easy to get the radios out of and like everything elso on this car, it's looks like a real pain to get the radio out. Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: Microsoft ZUNE