Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to do custpom stereo install and would love to see some of yours!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Want to do custpom stereo install and would love to see some of yours!!

ill post some of mine up tonight
Old 12-18-2006, 06:24 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Want to do custpom stereo install and would love to see some of yours!!

I nevr got why people needed so much bass. Plus it takes away the trunk space...
Old 12-18-2006, 11:38 PM
tdappleman
1st Gear Member

I used the Metra kit from Crutchfield - here is the link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cbNFc0q...00&I=120705521

You also need a voltage regulator from Radio Shack (Part Number 7805) on the blue sub amp turn on wire to avoid a popping noise when you turn the system on. Sound quality even with the stock speakers is very good.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:07 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Ok heres mine.... built it for the SEMA show and then i also took in mind that i would like to have some trunk space as well.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:25 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ANBAUTO, that is a pretty crazy setup! I have to admit though, whenever I see a trunk full of speakers/boxes, and then see something like a nitrous bottle next to them, all I can think of is that part in Fast and the Furious where you see Vin ready to race, pumping out tunes from a zillion subs. I often wonder how much faster he could have gone without all that stuff . It seems to me that adding all that weight in the back kinda counteracts the racing theme...?

No disrespect, though...it looks like a killer system!!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:45 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Nice Matt, do you have any other pictures of that? Any info you can give about HOW you did that would be awesome too lol... How loud are those 3 subs? I was looking at this and getting 2 of them and somehow hiding them or making a nice looking custom box. How do your subs compare to that one? Im looking to set each one on a switch so that I can turn either one or both off, depending on how loud I want the system to be. Are 2 of those going to be enough to bust bystanders eardrums or where else should I look?

The Rockfords are great, I have always liked Kicker and had good experience with them so its what I stick with. 2 of those is about as far as I would go, you need some killer amps too see ANBAutos install too for what I mean. What I would suggest before buying anything is do a few sketches of how you want the finished product to look, I planned my whole setup before buying anything, so to finish the install I just have to complete the box and connect the wiring then tune and done. I also would not worry about running them on a switch, consider that in many of the higher end head units you will have a very nice built in EQ, mine actually has several presets and allows for 2 custom tunes, so I have one for cruising and one for the loudness Mine also allows me to turn off the subs if I want. And yes they will be great to blow people away, but you will also want to upgrade the rest of the system and you might as well do it all at once when you are wiring the car.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:09 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HypromanGT

ANBAUTO, that is a pretty crazy setup! I have to admit though, whenever I see a trunk full of speakers/boxes, and then see something like a nitrous bottle next to them, all I can think of is that part in Fast and the Furious where you see Vin ready to race, pumping out tunes from a zillion subs. I often wonder how much faster he could have gone without all that stuff . It seems to me that adding all that weight in the back kinda counteracts the racing theme...?

Ahh no disrespect taken, alot of other people dont agree with my car but its my car and i like it!

Ohh also ive got rockford componants in the rear deck and in the front doors and i also have 8" subs in the doors here the pics of those.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:05 AM
grbrorng07
1st Gear Member

That is Crazy looking!!!!!!!!! VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 02:40 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ANBAUTO

ORIGINAL: HypromanGT

Ahh no disrespect taken, alot of other people dont agree with my car but its my car and i like it!
Yes, that is EXACTLY what matters: that YOU like it
Ohh also ive got rockford componants in the rear deck and in the front doors and i also have 8" subs in the doors here the pics of those.
Whoa. How much of a custom job was it to get those 8" subs into the doors? I think you're the first person I've come across that's attempted that!
Old 12-26-2006, 03:19 AM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

This is actually a thread I was looking for to happen for a while. You can see my old setup in my pics at photobucket.com The only changes I have is Memphis Belle and Image Dynamics ID Max12. Everything else will be the same once all is completed I will let everyone check it out.

Quick Reply: Want to do custpom stereo install and would love to see some of yours!!