Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 03:33 AM
The Jman

Default RE: Insurance

yeah i have pretty much anything you can have on it, including tire insurance...

we have 5 cars total insured 4 drivers
idk if it would be cheaper, it also depends on what you tell the insurance company though, if you put down all the security features and say that you don't drive it that much, millage will make a difference.
i know if i got the v6 it would've been $1600 so you save more than half going with the v6 but i wanted the gt
Old 12-18-2006, 04:07 AM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Jman

yeah i just got my gt and either you guys aren't getting a good deal or i'm getting a great deal apparently, i'm 17 and mines only $3600 no tickets or accidents

you're getting a great deal/maybe you don't understand everything that is on the car. i know you said you have everything including tire insurance but that doesn't say much. details would be better.

plus, who is your insurance company? one other thing would be that with the amount of cars insured through the same company, discounts can apply.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:13 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

let me ask, is you parent an insurance broker, because those rates are so impractical. a 17 year old with mustang gt for 3500 a year is way to cheap.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:00 AM
nascarjunkie1
2nd Gear Member

Ive got full coverage and I pay around $800.00 a year
Old 12-18-2006, 07:10 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

$3600 per year is a great deal? I guess if you're 17 and live in a large city it might be a great deal. I personally wouldn't pay that much.

ORIGINAL: The Jman

yeah i just got my gt and either you guys aren't getting a good deal or i'm getting a great deal apparently, i'm 17 and mines only $3600 no tickets or accidents
Old 12-18-2006, 01:10 PM
fleming06

I'm 19 and my Insurance is $188 a month. So around $2256 a year. Mine is a little cheaper b/c my insurance agent put my dad as primary on the GT and me as primary on his Silverado. So it worked out nice
Old 12-18-2006, 01:43 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Ok, Im going to share input based on "Texas". At 16, you HAVE to be covered under a parent or guardian. An insurance policy can not be written in your name. My son, who is now 18, was quoted in the $1,800 range, every 6-months. This was adding him to our policy and listing him as a driver on all (4) of our vehicles. All insurance carriers write policies for minors (teens) with some variances. Progressive quoted us by rating my son on the most expensive vehicle we had at the time ($35,000 F250 truck), even though that was not his primary vehicle. When we changed providers, it went down some but not much. My 07 costs a little over $1,200 a year for me (no tickets). To list my son as the primary driver on that car would have "almost" tripled the rates. SO EITHER WAY, count on anywhere between $2,800 and $3,600 per year. That is pretty realistic but Im sure all states and providers will vary here and there. I can say this. Its tough for teens to get reasonable full coverage rates on cars like the Mustang. Good luck to ya!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Dam! You all are paying more then I expected for car insurance. This is my 2nd 05- I total the first in an accident. I am 27 and that accident was my first anything about 2 years ago. I was paying 102 a month on that GT. Now on the new one I pay 194 and I thought that that was bad... guess not
Old 12-18-2006, 02:07 PM
pedersenkirk

We have government insurance here in B.C., which screws new and young drivers badly. I'm 21, been on the road five years, no accidents, no tickets in more than three years (tickets don't affect rates up here anyway, just accidents), and I pay $4200 a year for my GT.

In some provinces, there is private insurance, and the rates are much higher, especially for young drivers. I knew a guy who had an old '92 Lumina back in Nova Scotia and paid more than $4000 a year to insure it with private insurance.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

for all you young drivers with the high insurance- if you can get on your parents then do it... cheaper for you. If you can't then shop around and get the best that you can find... keep a clean record and before you know it your insurance will drop. I bought my car when I was on Camp Pendleton and live close to the base. When I was getting insurance they had told me that if I lived on base that I would have a slightly higher rate because most the marines there are younger. Your young- it sucks... if you have an accident- it sucks worse. It'll come around trust me... just get the best deal you can and enjoy the fact that you got a Mustang GT... one hell of car if you ask me. Good luck on insurance. Must be nice where tickets don't effect your rate

Quick Reply: Insurance