Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pros and Cons of owning a S197?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:44 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Pros and Cons of owning a S197?

To be serious the s2000 is a amazing car that feels like a racecar but it truely lacks the throw you back in your seat feeling in a str8 line but on turns its so amazing the way the car was made and how tight it turns....the looks of the s2000 from the factory are really plain and unagressive andlack that look a mustang brings right out of the showroom floor thats why the bodykit and wheelson the s2k was a MUST for me...its real small if your a big guy but big enough that you dont look like a homo like you would if you were driving a miata the better buy is the mustang since it responds to mods much 10xxxxx times better looks better stock than most cars even with kits or stockand since noone autoX'ing their way to work, hang out, ect. the 300 hp 320lb of tq really puts a smile on your face
oh and yeah i forgot the sound of the v8 with slp loudmouthsCAN NOT be topped
ORIGINAL: Juntech

ORIGINAL: s2k

in the almost 4 months of owning the stang its been amazing
from the looks, comments, and respect from stang to stang owner is something i like the most
Oh wow, you own both an S2000 and a Mustang GT! Can you please compare and contrast? I'm an import owner myself, just waiting for the right moment to buy my GT.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:48 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

I have had my 05 mustang since nov of 2004............I have had 0 problems in 2 years of ownership........You bought a lemon my friend.....
Well according to my delaer the part I need for the brake currently has over 1,100 backorders. I think that this would be a pretty good indicator of a rather widespread problem. However, you may be right, she may just be a lemon. Fun to drive, but I just cannot deal with her BS anymore, like some women I have known.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:52 PM
fl_799
1st Gear Member

One drawback.....these car are ding and dent magnets by jack@ss careless drivers in parking lots. Always have to park out in BFE to prevent damage.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:25 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

Pros:
Love the retro style.
Great power expecially in the low end.
Tons of Fun to drive.
She is a true American Musel Car.
Good Gas milage (18mpg city in a 300hp 8cyl car isn't bad)
Runs on regular.
Lots of Mods.
Comfortable leather seats.

Cons:
Skipper 500 (it skips, and continueous cds have spaces between tracks)
Slides in the snow (but then again you don't buy a mustang for the snow)
Old 12-19-2006, 08:59 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fl_799

One drawback.....these car are ding and dent magnets by jack@ss careless drivers in parking lots. Always have to park out in BFE to prevent damage.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
My wife hates Egypt.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

To be serious the s2000 is a amazing car that feels like a racecar but it truely lacks the throw you back in your seat feeling in a str8 line but on turns its so amazing the way the car was made and how tight it turns....the looks of the s2000 from the factory are really plain and unagressive andlack that look a mustang brings right out of the showroom floor thats why the bodykit and wheelson the s2k was a MUST for me...its real small if your a big guy but big enough that you dont look like a homo like you would if you were driving a miata the better buy is the mustang since it responds to mods much 10xxxxx times better looks better stock than most cars even with kits or stockand since noone autoX'ing their way to work, hang out, ect. the 300 hp 320lb of tq really puts a smile on your face
oh and yeah i forgot the sound of the v8 with slp loudmouthsCAN NOT be topped
My man, poorly punctuated, but great response!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:36 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

PROS : owning one
CONS : not owning one[sm=closed.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=signs007.gif][sm=signs007.gif][sm=signs007.gif]
Old 12-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I hear ya on that one...I always park out in BFE anyway whenever I go to the malls/grocery stores, etc. but that's because I want the exercise of walking in...And, if it means that I save my car from getting a few door dings/dents, even better.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:40 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Being as objective as possible:

PROS:
Value for the dollar.
Wide availability and variety of mods allow you to customize car to your needs and taste.
Great style.
Fun to drive (handles well, brakes well).
Tons of power.
Comfortable.
Variety of options.

CONS:
Horrific build quality (paint is poor, interior, rattles, etc., etc.).
Insurance costs.
Ford dealerships.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:43 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

What's BFE stand for?

And I think a big part of that problem is how wide the new Mustangs are. Seems like it just barely fits in between the lines in most parking stalls.

Quick Reply: Pros and Cons of owning a S197?