Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Christmas Gloom!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My Christmas Gloom!!

Sorry to hear about your son's bad experience on eBay!
They actually warn you in advance "caveat emptor" ("let the buyer beware"), though I don't know how many folks these days know what that means in Latin!!
Anyway, the best way to guard youself is to always, ALWAYS read the seller's feedback!
I'm a part-time eBay seller (and buyer) too, and have a total of 627 positive feedbacks and ZERO negative. I've actually had buyers send me checks for several thousand bucks without even seeing a picture of an item beforehand (highest was $6,800 one time, and several times in the $3000 - $4000 range), and they never had to worry for a second because they saw who they were dealing with.
Live & learn right? Better luck next time!

P.S. Seeing as how you said you liked my Mustang Christmas poem, it might cheer you up a bit to read my just-posted FIRST Mustang limerick.....MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:39 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Thanks all......I just love my friends on Mustang Forums!!! Ya'll are truly the coolest!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Ouch thats a tough lesson... 900 bucks. It was nice of you to help him out on it though... Im not a parent yet but I can safely say I wouldve done the same thing. Its hard to do any honest business anymore because there are so many losers out there...and dont worry youll be modding her soon enough!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

I think you guys are all missing the best part of this story though. I'm sorry your son was burnedand lessons area hard row to hoe, but the fact that mom gave her bonus to he son is the STORY here. Good job by you MOM. May you have a blessed and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rupp

I think you guys are all missing the best part of this story though. I'm sorry your son was burnedand lessons area hard row to hoe, but the fact that mom gave her bonus to he son is the STORY here. Good job by you MOM. May you have a blessed and Merry Christmas.
it's not that we're missing it, it's that we just take it for granted. anytime a son or daughter gets in trouble, the parents are there to help them out. whether it's money, moral support, or whatever, they are there to help.

stowe, is your son doing anything to get his money back? i am sure there's ebay policies/going to court to get this settled. hell, on MSNBC, they had an Ebay special and they showed 2 court cases where the person who got jacked won. i'd do that.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Rupp..........thanks!

You are so right bl1nkage, all parents at some point in their life, will make sacrifices for their kids, no doubt
Old 12-21-2006, 09:56 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

ORIGINAL: Rupp

it's not that we're missing it, it's that we just take it for granted. anytime a son or daughter gets in trouble, the parents are there to help them out. whether it's money, moral support, or whatever, they are there to help.

stowe, is your son doing anything to get his money back? i am sure there's ebay policies/going to court to get this settled. hell, on MSNBC, they had an Ebay special and they showed 2 court cases where the person who got jacked won. i'd do that.
Yeah, I have helped him and we have pretty much taken every avenue we can possibly take to nail this guy!!! I have filed so many reports, its not even funny. Talk to the Miami Dade Sheriff's department and so much more. Whats sad is that we make it too easy for scum like that and the chances that they will get busted is slim to none. I found that out real quick with the experience!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:57 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

well, one good way is to get the word out on the seller. post his ebay ID here so people know who not to deal with.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:01 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Stowe,
Damn, that sucks for your son, but for those of us whom are parents, we understand and applaud your decision....Just remember Kharma is a bitch, and what has now gone around will come around for this pond scum...

I can relate to this E Bay thing. I just started buying on E Bay this season....Good dealing so far, but let me tell you...This afternoon, while I was waiting in a very public place to pick up a Nintendo Wii for my grandson, I am thinking to myself......I have heard stories about this crap. Only reason I was there, was the fact that I too just got my bonus check today, and well, he's the only grandson I have....

I wish the best for you and yours this holiday season.

Mike
Old 12-21-2006, 10:02 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

after over 400 transactions on ebay I can say that if it's too good to be true it is, well 99% of the time. sometimes there are people in a crunch and need to unload what they're auctioning. take me for example, i ebayed my $6000 Alienware desktop for about $2000, I needed money quick and someone lucky got it. but most of the time it's a scam

Quick Reply: My Christmas Gloom!!