Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Contest - FINALS! NEED your votes! - LAST CHANCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:40 PM
silverpoison
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Car Contest - FINALS! NEED your votes! - LAST CHANCE

ORIGINAL: volvOVERstang

ORIGINAL: jbailer

Results are in - 2nd place. As I feared, the Volvo's vote generator won. I hate to be a poor sport. I could have lost to MANY other cars in that competition and been ok with it but that almost stock Volvo??? Even cheesy mods like cutting the springs to lower the car. What support could there possibly be for that car? Oh well, thank you all for the support, as I said, you guys are the real winners with the show of support. Happy New Year! -Joe
Actually, he had no generator. Just friends, and people who obviously like his car better than yours. Stop being a sore loser and face the fact, that you got beat by a sick Volvo.

Have a great day[sm=owned.gif][sm=smiley16.gif]
Volvo's can kiss my *** and Joe's *** as well.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silverpoison

ORIGINAL: volvOVERstang

Results are in - 2nd place. As I feared, the Volvo's vote generator won. I hate to be a poor sport. I could have lost to MANY other cars in that competition and been ok with it but that almost stock Volvo??? Even cheesy mods like cutting the springs to lower the car. What support could there possibly be for that car? Oh well, thank you all for the support, as I said, you guys are the real winners with the show of support. Happy New Year! -Joe
Actually, he had no generator. Just friends, and people who obviously like his car better than yours. Stop being a sore loser and face the fact, that you got beat by a sick Volvo.

Have a great day[sm=owned.gif][sm=smiley16.gif]
Volvo's can kiss my *** and Joe's *** as well.
Who cares, its a contest, there will be more. Besides if I only entered shows and contests to win I would not enjoy it as much. We all here agree Joe's car is better in more ways than one, and so we all have been to shows where some of the oddest cars have one, it happens.

Congrats on 2nd Joe.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:47 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

^^ No doubt Matt! As a matter of fact, I'm sure one day I'll be bumping into you at a local show. When I take second place to you, it will be justified and I'll be happy with the outcome. I definitely don'thave to win. Their were many cars in that competition that I would be happy to be beaten by, just not that one. I remember when his 1rst week of voting was going, I thought he was the obvious loser. He went against 2 very nice cars then too.Losing to that nasty looking Volvo that nobody would even give a second glance is just WRONG! I especially like that the moron felt it necessary to come here and try to defend the obvious scam. -Joe
Old 01-03-2007, 09:21 PM
exexpat

Their were many cars in that competition that I would be happy to be beaten by, just not that one. I remember when his 1rst week of voting was going, I thought he was the obvious loser. He went against 2 very nice cars then too.Losing to that nasty looking Volvo that nobody would even give a second glance is just WRONG! I especially like that the moron felt it necessary to come here and try to defend the obvious scam. -Joe
Joe, I appreciate your Mustang and it clearly has a lot of great work done to it. In a judged concours style show, you would have clearly outscored me. I used to build VW's that had far more work done to them than your Mustang and I took them to shows religiously. I remember feeling the same way after investing upwards of $30k into modifications on a car and have some guy show up with a not-so-clean bright yellow car, or something with bigger wheels or more dish or whateverbeating my carin people's choice shows. It felt unfair to me, but so is the world of people's choice competition.

I am really taking offense to your accusations about cheating and having "an obvious loser" car. That just isn't necessary. In case you are wondering what I did to garner more votes, you could find out easily using a service like www.linkpopularity.comand looking at my numerous forum posts in volvospeed.com, swedespeed.com, turbobricks.com, volvoforums.com, vwvortex.com, benzworld.org, mbworld.org, vpcuk.org (UK forum), turboperformanceclub.com (from Sweden), volvopower.de and volvo-forum.de. I used the Volvo and European car communities of Volkswagen (from my former cars) and Mercedes (wife's car), plus former colleagues in China and friends and family in the US and Australia to rally support. Everything was fairly done per the rules of one vote per machine per day. Any duplicate votes for all 27 cars over all 13 weeks were scrubbed from the final tallies.

I like my car and it is very cleanand there are few of them in existence. I have built showcars and judged car shows for more than 15 years, I speak 3 languages and have friends and former colleagues in Europe, Asia and Australia. That is the truth and your car may be better, but this competition was about vote counts, not modification counts.

Thanks for providing the most challenging round by far with the nicest competitor.

-Jeremy
Old 01-03-2007, 11:18 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Jeremy, thanks for clarifying it. I could definitely see how you could get that many votes by soliciting that many forums. Sorry I was a bit harsh and really shouldn't have made the accusation about cheating. Especially since I had no proof. Trust me, I already have more than $30k in this car which is more than the car cost new. To see a car that mine out classes in just about every way possible win was just a hard pill to swallow. Best of luck and I'm glad at least the charity is getting something out of it. As far as the comment about the obvious loser car, what I meant was that there is no way any judge would have picked your car over the other cars you competed against. For that, I can't appologise. You are correct though, this wasn't that type of competition and in this competition, you truly were the better competitor (even though my car is better [sm=tongue.gif]). -Joe
Old 01-03-2007, 11:27 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

That really sucks man, we were all pulling for you! I jsut love how someVolvo makes a profile here and decides to trash you which is total bull5h!t. The guy you went up against seemed like a good guy though and so do you. Congrats on 2nd, it's better than not entering.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:43 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

^^ No doubt Matt! As a matter of fact, I'm sure one day I'll be bumping into you at a local show. When I take second place to you, it will be justified and I'll be happy with the outcome. I definitely don't have to win. Their were many cars in that competition that I would be happy to be beaten by, just not that one. I remember when his 1rst week of voting was going, I thought he was the obvious loser. He went against 2 very nice cars then too. Losing to that nasty looking Volvo that nobody would even give a second glance is just WRONG! I especially like that the moron felt it necessary to come here and try to defend the obvious scam. -Joe
I dunno man between your car and mine I would have to give an even split on the chances, but I would have no problems coming in behind you. I look forward to hanging out at a few shows once the nice weather comes back I just hope I have time to get everything done before the season starts up.

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

That really sucks man, we were all pulling for you! I jsut love how someVolvo makes a profile here and decides to trash you which is total bull5h!t. The guy you went up against seemed like a good guy though and so do you. Congrats on 2nd, it's better than not entering.
The Volvo guy did not bash on him, he just defended himself as he had every right to, and really I have to say Joe has shown his character by apoligizing for the things he posted in the heat of the moment. We all say and do things some times with more emotion than is really due and to come back and realize that and try to make it right is a rare thing.

edit - I forgot about the earlier post from a different user, if that is who you mean jerseystang07 then I see where you are coming from. In anycase its something I have done in the past when I was younger, so he will growup and learn to brush things off as we all do.

Man I can't wait till spring ........ still waiting ........ yep waiting ........
Old 01-04-2007, 01:00 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Yeah I was talking about the first post by volvOVERstang. Total BS