Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake dust

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:23 PM
SPOOK R/T
2nd Gear Member

Default Rear brake dust

I have noticed alot of rear brake dust. On the inside of therear wheels. On both my GT and my wifesV-6 Pony Pkg Stang. Way more than the fronts have, is this normal?
Old 12-23-2006, 03:31 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Rear brake dust

Yah i have the same problem i get a lot of dust on the back of my car as opposed to the front ....... my car is white and i always get a layer of dust on my bumper and around the spoiler and what not....... im not sure its just brake dust its prob just things being thrown from the road from your back wheels .... But im in the same boat the back is always a lot dirtier than the front of my car .
Old 12-23-2006, 04:57 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPOOK R/T

I have noticed alot of rear brake dust. On the inside of therear wheels. On both my GT and my wifesV-6 Pony Pkg Stang. Way more than the fronts have, is this normal?
I'd say not normal. I haven't noticed that at all in the year I've had my car. The rear end gets dirty, yes, but that's just the aerodynamics of this car. I however do not get large amounts of brake dust. Maybe it's something else?
Old 12-23-2006, 05:15 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

I get that also
Old 12-23-2006, 05:39 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I dont know. My fronts are way dustier then the rear. The front should be braking harder to stop the car and have more dust,I guess. The rear gets dirty too but not as much for me.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:10 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Could be the TCS? It uses the breaks to stop the tires from spinning.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:29 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

Could be the TCS? It uses the breaks to stop the tires from spinning.
+1. I have lots of dust in myExpedition. Itdrives me nuts with the front wheels covered in dust ALL the times...no much on the stang...
Old 12-27-2006, 02:27 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Just got Bendix CT3 ceramic front pads to elminate dust on the front wheels. These pads are awesome, 70 bucks at Advance which was 40 dollars less than the same pads for my 04 Mach.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:20 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone

Just got Bendix CT3 ceramic front pads to eliminate dust on the front wheels. These pads are awesome, 70 bucks at Advance which was 40 dollars less than the same pads for my 04 Mach.
I'm constantly amazed by the lack of dust on my Screaming Yellow GT's wheels, front and rear. The wheels are so clean that even with Meguiars Quick Detailer and a micro cloth that it hardly gets the cloth dirty. This with stock pads, "fun" driving, and 16,600 miles.

However, the quarter panels and the rear end are constantly getting a very light black dusting on them. My tires are black, the dusting is black, I think there is a conection, yet, the rear wheels are alway VERY CLEAN and hardly dirty my rag.

I did just put a pair of GT Splash Guards on ther rear. Wonder if that will change the dusting pattern?

What's up with that?
Old 12-27-2006, 10:37 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Dont know about yours, my front dusts worse than my back, thats why the ceramic pad change. My front wheels are dirty after a couple miles.

Quick Reply: Rear brake dust