Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang interior

i like the way it looks without the appearance package and stuff etc

i got mine base model and love it, i dont need all that other stuff :P heh
Old 12-26-2006, 03:46 AM
MustangDreamer25

Awesome, thanks for the pictures and replies guys!
Old 12-26-2006, 04:13 AM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

Yah, I wanted black on black...black leather, black dash...clean and classy.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:37 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

I chose an alternative option: I did NOT want the IUP package because I much prefer the retro look of the black dash and black louvers on the vents (not to mention much less GLARE!), but on the other hand I definitely wanted the satin aluminum steering wheel spokes, shifter and pedals, as well as the 6 gauge instrument cluster. The solution was to order it without the IUP but with the "interior sport appearance package with color trim"- which gave me the steering wheel, shifter and pedals, as well as the two-tone light graphite doors with black leather inserts and light graphite underside of the dash- because I love the contrast of the black & light graphite with the charcoal leather seats, and it also goes perfectly with the Tungston gray metallic exterior (whole package was about $320).
As for the 6-gauge cluster with my-color & message center- I ordered that aftermarket from the dealer as soon as my car arrived, and it cost me about $410 including installation.
This was the only way I could get EXACTLY the trim I wanted (also ordered it with the "spoiler delete" cause I think the lines are much cleaner without it).
Sorry about the mediocre quality of the photo (you can't see the beautiful black leather trim in the doors which is full of tiny holes exactly like the inserts on the leather seats)- but it was taken with my trusty 60 year-old cannon and the lighting conditions weren't ideal......

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/52EB12DF23554857BCE9D0BAAEEF2C3F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-27-2006, 04:13 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

mine is like GT Newbie's cept interior is black.... i personally wanted the silver but found my car on ebay with only 2k miles and saved thousands..... if anyone out there wished they went all black lemmie know maybe we can trade

Old 12-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Ken M
1st Gear Member

I also do not have the IUP. My interior is black like the photo from yomofoitzjay. And with black leather seats it looks great. I know some like lots of shiny bling and some even add more bling to their interiors, but I like the black on black look. I've noticed the chrome trim around the vents reflects sunlight badly at certain angles. It would be fine with me if the trim ring was also black. Anyway, there's my opinion.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:55 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

GTNewbie: Major Congrats to you for doing the research first. Looking at interiors and evaluating all the options. I have run into GT owners out here in MA and Ihave been amazed to hear things like "you can get a GT w/o Shaker and no door panel speakers", "I didn't know they had tan interior", "You can order w/o a spoiler", "How did you get the silver tribar leather steering wheel with the black dash"

I know most folks check things out pretty well but you have done a comprehensive study ofwhat combinations are possible and you will be very happy with your choices. No surprises later and feelings of I wish I had known this.... or that.

Your interior pic is very similar to mine, no bright silver dash, nodoor speakers, and the right steering wheel and shifter. I can rememember when I first test drove an 05 GT and noticed the rubber like steering wheel in black tri bar. It wasallright actuallyand I was ready to go with that because to get the silver tri bar leather wheel and leather shifter you had to go with the full upgrade and silver dash. A few months later, before I ordered, Ford released the Sport Appearance Pkg for $195 which just included the silver tri bar leather wheel and leather shifter. I couldn't believe it, was like they read my mind. I'm thinking why did they even bother bringing this out midway into the first prod year. Well my 05 order got cancelled and redone as an 06 but the specs were the same.

You're interior is gonna look soneat, clean and retro. Nice going all around. Have to give kudos to all the folks out here who share all their knowledge and pictures. It's a very individual thing, what we each prefer; and the variety we all see is simply facinating and adds a lot to the enjoyment of this great car.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

I got an all back interior and no MyColor it was not an option on the first 05's think that it was either held up in court or full of bugs, it would have been cool to play with for about 2 mins and the extra 2 gauges not really worth it and all the problems I have heard about with the Trip computer I am glad I ended up without it.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:47 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

I got an all back interior and no MyColor it was not an option on the first 05's think that it was either held up in court or full of bugs, it would have been cool to play with for about 2 mins and the extra 2 gauges not really worth it and all the problems I have heard about with the Trip computer I am glad I ended up without it.
Agree, MyColor wasn't the whole interior anyway so I couldn't go there. The other two gauges, "not really worth it" as you say.

Nice 'louvered clean look" you have there.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:06 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Thank you Fairlane292- much obliged for your kind words!!
I did indeed do TONS of research before I ordered my baby (much of it right here on the MF), cause even though I'm a ripe old 57, this is actually the FIRST brand new car I've ever owned (I lived in Holland from 1971 - 2002, and they have a 100% "LUXURY TAX" on ALL brand new cars- so, for example, a base stripped Mustang GT would START at $50,000!), and so naturally I wanted to get it JUST right.

The toughest part of it all was deciding to WAIT and get it built in the factory exactly according to my specs- cause I'm VERY impatient, and I totally fell in love with the S-197 model the moment I laid eyes on her.
I didn't feel comfortable getting an '05 because I was scared about "new production model defects", and..almost..bought an '06 off the lot in September- but although they had the color I wanted (Tungston) , I absolutely HATED the looks of the spoiler (which is pretty much non-functional too!), and also wanted the gray/black two-tone doors which I saw in the '07 catalog.
Funny thing is that the factory rep told my salesman that it couldn't be ordered (WTF?!), and it was ONLY after I raised bloody hell and demanded to know why I couldn't order something that was in their OWN catalog that my sales manager called them back and "made" them do it for me!
My biggest problem after that was getting the 6-gauge instrument cluster with message center and mycolor WITHOUT having to take the shiny dash & vents in the IUP which I really didn't like.
I found the solution right here on MF- where I was told that I could order the cluster upgrade for about $300 + installation by the dealer, which is just what I did.
I can't begin to tell you folks just HOW ecstatic I was the day it arrived (I happened to be at the dealer bothering them with my endless questions when the carrier rolled up right as I was about to leave, and even though it sounds absolutely PATHETIC to admit this: I actually DREAMED about the car that night (my long-suffering wife teamed up with the sales manager and convinced me to wait till the next day to come back and pick her up after she was first properly prepped).
Sorry for the long posting, but I'm SO crazy about this car (even wrote those 2 limericks/poems about it..!!) that I needed to vent....;-)

Quick Reply: Mustang interior