Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom ordered Vehicle

Old 12-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Someguy001

Default Custom ordered Vehicle

How long does it take for a custom ordered vehicle to arrive at the dealership? I have ordered a 2007 Ford Mustang V6 Convertable on October, 24,2006. The dealership guy said 4-6 weeks. And I have currently spoken with him and everytime I ask if he has any information on the vehicle he says he has none becuase he has not recived any serialization on the vehicle. What could be going on? Is there any way I could track the vehicle directly with Ford? Or could if be possible that the vehicle is already at the delearship but it has been sold to someone else? I have put down a $500 deposit and its been 2 months now. Its getting a little annoying.

Thank You
Old 12-28-2006, 09:56 AM
bobomac
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Custom ordered Vehicle

I ordered my 07 Gt 4 weeks ago and have to wait until march for delivery.I thnk you can get yours faster but where as i live in canada it takes longer to order one.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:06 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Dealers around here aresaturated with leftover 06 stangs, why wait?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

I ordered mine around the 1st of December....and the dealership already has a VIN#....should get it around the middle of January....I have heard of others that have taken longer, usually because of something they ordered being in limited supply, wonder if you've ordered something that's causing the wait?
Old 12-28-2006, 12:08 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Could be the convertible?? I'm not exactly sure how the plant phases production.....but it's possible they run convertibles and coupes at different intervals. Being that summer is overand vert orders are lower.....the plantmight be scheduling coupes first until enough orders are generated for verts.

Just my $.02.

I doubt the dealer sold your car with so many on the lots right now.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:16 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

There is a Vehicle Order Processing number around here somewhere that will give you a computerized operator who will tell you the status of your vehicle. You just have to provide an order number or dealer number and some other info your dealer SHOULD give you.

My dealer told me that they didn't know the status of my vehicle, meanwhile when I called the Vehicle Order Processing number, they told me it was already delivered to them!!!! I called my dealer and told them that I want my vehicle now because I called Fordand they said "oh, it's on our lot, we'll have it ready for you today"....********. Dealers are evil.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:40 PM
marklove1

I ordered my 07 GT in early september and got it about nov 1st. The dealer was able to tell me when the car was built(or bucked as they call it) and when it would be delivered. It took about two weeks after it was built to get delivered to Va. You could get a good deal on a 06 but you will be limited on colors and options, like I wanted a manual. If you have access to x plan through work with rebates you could get a 06 premium gt for about 24k.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:43 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone

Dealers around here are saturated with leftover 06 stangs, why wait?
Cause the 07 can be ordered with heated seats =)

Anyway when I ordered mine it took about 7 weeks from the date of order, but I have seen them as soon as 4/5 weeks so I would say when dealers estimate 4-8 weeks they are on the money. It definitly seems alot longer though while you are waiting for it.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Someguy001

I live in burnaby, BC, Canada.
I ordered the vehicle and whats the website or phone number I can track my car with. Cause I called the salesman and still no "serialization". What the hell is that? How can a vehicle ordered 2 months prior not have and numbers to track it with.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:54 AM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

hey man i know how u feel i was in your position plus some. i ordered in august and am receiving it at the end of january like a 5 1/2 month wait. it was only about two weeks ago that i got serialized, the first step in production. you need to have the order#, dealer code, body type code T82=GT, year of vehicle, in order to track it with the 800#. mine took long because there was a supply problem with 18' rims oh well good luck!
vopc- 1800-962-3746

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom ordered Vehicle