Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daytime running lights now required by ford?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:58 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: daytime running lights now required by ford?

I had the same thing just happen and not only did I gain DRL I also lost the ability to drop my windows down with the remote and I cant drop them with the key in the door. For you newer mustangs this was a 2005 option that apparently Ford did not want to warranty. So I am really pissed. I also noticed before that if I had my trunk open and locked my doors with the key pad twice it would double beep letting me know something was left open and then when I closed the trunk lid the light would flash to let me know that it was now secure. Now they dont flash after that.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:21 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: td1320

I had the same thing just happen and not only did I gain DRL I also lost the ability to drop my windows down with the remote and I cant drop them with the key in the door. For you newer mustangs this was a 2005 option that apparently Ford did not want to warranty. So I am really pissed. I also noticed before that if I had my trunk open and locked my doors with the key pad twice it would double beep letting me know something was left open and then when I closed the trunk lid the light would flash to let me know that it was now secure. Now they dont flash after that.
Yeah... that's the thing I really miss... The Remote Window Down!!! ARGH!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:47 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

wait how do u get the windows to go down with the remote? u press unlock and hold it?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:53 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

I hate DRL's. I am in NJ, and always use my headlamps in the rain though, it is the law afterall, no need to taunt police further.

But I always run my fogs without my headlamps on. Especially this time of year, it looks awesome driving home from work as it is just getting slightly dark out.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:35 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

Day time running lights have been mandatory in Canada since 1991. I tried to disable the DRL in my stang, but once i found out it was tied into the SJB i gave up.
IMO its the dumbest thing in the world.
9 out of 10 drivers of newer carsyou see at night, NEVER have their actual headlites on, and as a result, their tail lights are never on.
A lot of these new cars now have illuminiated gauges regardless if the headlights are on or off.
As a result, at night, they see light from the DRL (which burn at 90% intensity), see their gauges lit up, and never think twice. You see it all the time with a dumbass without their parking lights on at night driving around and you nearly rear end them as they come out of nowhere.
DRL causes more harm than good.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:30 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doode

Day time running lights have been mandatory in Canada since 1991. I tried to disable the DRL in my stang, but once i found out it was tied into the SJB i gave up.
IMO its the dumbest thing in the world.
9 out of 10 drivers of newer carsyou see at night, NEVER have their actual headlites on, and as a result, their tail lights are never on.
A lot of these new cars now have illuminiated gauges regardless if the headlights are on or off.
As a result, at night, they see light from the DRL (which burn at 90% intensity), see their gauges lit up, and never think twice. You see it all the time with a dumbass without their parking lights on at night driving around and you nearly rear end them as they come out of nowhere.
DRL causes more harm than good.
I agree... I have forgotten to turn my headlights on a couple of times now.... I wouldn't mind the DRL's if my headlights were automatic, like in my GM vehicles... Also, now all of my photos at the track will have my headlights on! ARGH! LOL!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:39 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

or just disable the lights while ur racing, or take out the fuse if it has a special for it,
Old 01-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

so how does this auto down window magic work? I cant figure it out...
Old 01-12-2007, 02:09 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ive been asking that too, or are they being sarcastic about that?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:33 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Ok guys.....here is the information you want on DRL. The service SJB is shipped with the DRL enabled because the same SJB is sold in US and Canada. When the dealer is changing out your SJB they have to perform a function called "inhale/exhale". This process transfers the AS BUILTdata from the original SJB into the replacement SJB. During this inhale/exhale process the vehicles with the AS BUILT data of "DRL disabled" (those sold in the USA) will transfer that data to the replacement SJB changing the bit to DRL disabled.

Now, the only reason a vehicle in theUSArepaired withaservice SJBwouldstill have DRL enabledis 1) the vehicle was not originally sold in the states so the AS BUILT info transferred would show Canada....or 2) the AS BUILT information isjust wrong.

What to do next:

Go back to the dealer and tell them this: They need to call the tech hotline and ask that a modified bit is written for your vehicle to disable the DRL. For some reason your AS BUILTdata was wrong and didnot automatically disable the DRL during the inhale/exhale process.

If thedealer is still giving you problems thenPM me with the dealers name and address as well as the technicians name.....I will call them with a tech hotline rep on the line and we willschool them as to what can and cannot be done.

Quick Reply: daytime running lights now required by ford?