Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder Aluminum Drive Shaft Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:20 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Spyder Aluminum Drive Shaft Installed!!!

Does this shaft require removal of the pinion nut?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Hey Spyder.I just sent you a question on EBAY.I asked if anything needed to be changed before install or just slam her in?I have billet LCAs already.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:34 PM
jlpskydive
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: frzn pony

If anyone has any other links for driveshafts please post them.I'm shopping now.I've about had it with Powerhouse.I sent a e-mail requesting a price,so I sent the salesman my addy so he can figure out shipping...next e-mail states he has no idea who I am. Looks like due to poor customer service I could save a couple hundred $$$$
I can't comment on the Powerhouse DS and I have heard nothing but really good things about them. The Spyder shaft took two days to get to me (not counting the holidays) and cost me 514 to my door. The quality is all there.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:36 PM
jlpskydive
1st Gear Member

As long as you have not lowered your car you should be good to go and just slam it in there. If you have lowered it you will need adjustable UCA's to correct the pinion angle.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:53 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jlpskydive

As long as you have not lowered your car you should be good to go and just slam it in there. If you have lowered it you will need adjustable UCA's to correct the pinion angle.
[/align][/align]Thanks for the buzz-kill! As long as I've been waiting to get an aluminum shaft, now I have to hear that. Looks like getting the shaft will cost me more than it's worth (to me). What's worse is I've been waiting for spyder to get off his *** and start selling the darn things so I could buy one cheap from him![:@] (Looks like he's turning quite a profit on them, BTW. Didn't he say it only cost him about $300 to have his made? Add to that, he's not warrantying it or allowing a return.[])[/align]
Old 12-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

On my list for future mods!. It seems to make sense to lighten the rotating mass and have less moving parts. I guess I can drive mine til it breaks or justdo a premptive strike and replace it!

Wouldn't an adjustable LCA work also? I don't want to have to buy things twice.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:15 PM
NoOriginalNamesLeft
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

[/align] [/align]Thanks for the buzz-kill! As long as I've been waiting to get an aluminum shaft, now I have to hear that. Looks like getting the shaft will cost me more than it's worth (to me). What's worse is I've been waiting for spyder to get off his *** and start selling the darn things so I could buy one cheap from him![:@] (Looks like he's turning quite a profit on them, BTW. Didn't he say it only cost him about $300 to have his made? Add to that, he's not warrantying it or allowing a return.[])[/align]
It may be that it only costs him $300 to have his made, but how much would it cost you to make your own? I would feel much safer knowing that someone who knows what they're doing made my driveshaft, because I've certainly never made one. And to be fair, his mark-up isn't that bad when you compare it to the other driveshafts available, it's still very inexpensive. Not to mention that you really shouldn't expect a warranty on aftermarket parts.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:21 PM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

Al driveshaft, lighter and stronger: win-win

I sure like mine.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:18 PM
jlpskydive
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

[/align][/align]Thanks for the buzz-kill! As long as I've been waiting to get an aluminum shaft, now I have to hear that. Looks like getting the shaft will cost me more than it's worth (to me). What's worse is I've been waiting for spyder to get off his *** and start selling the darn things so I could buy one cheap from him![:@] (Looks like he's turning quite a profit on them, BTW. Didn't he say it only cost him about $300 to have his made? Add to that, he's not warrantying it or allowing a return.[])[/align]
If you have lowered your car you need to adjust your pinion angle anyways driveshaft or not.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:21 PM
jlpskydive
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Simon1

On my list for future mods!. It seems to make sense to lighten the rotating mass and have less moving parts. I guess I can drive mine til it breaks or justdo a premptive strike and replace it!

Wouldn't an adjustable LCA work also? I don't want to have to buy things twice.
Yes adjustable LCA's would work also, but that really seems to be the weakest link in the stock suspention so keeping them solid is the route I'm taking.

Quick Reply: Spyder Aluminum Drive Shaft Installed!!!