Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car and Driver needs a V-6 5-Speed in MI

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
mdushane

Default Car and Driver needs a V-6 5-Speed in MI

You saw the GT in our "Quickest Cars $25 to $30k" story, and we're working on a similar story for cars under $20k. The problem is that Ford doesn't have a single V-6 Mustang with a stick that they can lend us. All such cars that we drove but neglected to test in 2004 and 2005 have been sold off, and only GTs remain in the press fleet. Lame, but true. So instead of leaving the car off our list, we're asking for your help. We need to do our standard track test of a STOCK (stock exhaust, headers, tires, clutch, and everything else) 2005-2007 stick-shift, V-6 Mustang with less than 40k miles. We don’t care if you have the 16s or the 17s, so long as they are stock. It can be anytime during January, weather permitting. We would need the vehicle at Chelsea Proving Ground in Chelsea, MI, and the owner is welcome to watch. Our test driver would do 4-5 straight-lines and our standard handling and braking tests, so it isn't mechanically devastating, and it can be done in an afternoon/evening. And we'll buy you a new set of stock tires (or snow tires, if that's more useful to you). A few other owners have participated in events like this with cars varying from the Porsche Boxster to the Ferrari F430, and all have had a good time. Unless the owner wishes to remain anonymous, we'll mention him or her in the story. The best part is that the Mustang V-6 has a good shot at being the quickest car under $20k. Interested? Please e-mail me at mdushane@hfmus.comwith the subject "V-6 Mustang."

Thanks for your time.

Mike Dushane
Editor, CARandDRIVER.com
Old 01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Car and Driver needs a V-6 5-Speed in MI

Damn. I would definately do that if I lived out in Michigan. Unless you can come to the New York, New Jersey area I can't help you. Sorry.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I'm in Michigan... but... uhhhh.... well.... ummmm... how about a V6 with under $20K in mods???? LOL! Sorry...
Old 01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

Damn. I would definately do that if I lived out in Michigan. Unless you can come to the New York, New Jersey area I can't help you. Sorry.
Who are you trying to fool??? Your not stock! LOL! The stock exhaust on our cars is horribly restrictive... you probably picked up close to 10RWHP with your Flows...
Old 01-03-2007, 05:29 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

This is going to be a big laugh. Might as well go out on a highway and hold out a sign. There are very little if any stock V-6 Mustangs on this board let alone trying to get one that is around MI. Might as well look for a needle in a hay stack.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:39 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

can you go to a local ford dealer and "test drive" one

we have a reginal section down on the bottom of the page as well

i cant help but i would like to add something, mustang people are very passionate about their cars, v6 and v8 people as they both have their plusses and minuses, please dont be constantly comparing it to the GT, in stock form it is a lesser carif you would like to compare a GT to a "mild" modded V-6 then talk to scrming up thereand saying how the new 4.0 is so much better then the old 3.8 cause its really not (in reality, the old split port 3.8 is the best motor to ever go into a newer stang)
Old 01-03-2007, 05:59 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

too bad i don't live in michigan...

oh yeah, i have an automatic...
Old 01-03-2007, 06:23 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

I have a STOCK 4.0L 5-speed MT...would it be worth my time off of work and energy to drive out to MI??? I have a couple relatives out thereso I can justify taking a trip out that way and using vacation time...I guess it would be cool to see my stang in a mag and have my name...that in it's self might be worth it...

PM sent!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:27 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

I haven't installed my Flowmaster yet. My mom is still uptight about me changing anything on the car.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

I haven't installed my Flowmaster yet. My mom is still uptight about me changing anything on the car.
oops... my bad... LOL

Quick Reply: Car and Driver needs a V-6 5-Speed in MI