Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody crunced my baby!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 05:25 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Somebody crunced my baby!

Man that sucks.[:@]

good luck with everything.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

IMHO,
the car would definately be totaled, there is probably damage to the frame.

-Jeff
I agree. If there's extensive damage to the frame, the insurance company will probably total it. The V6's require less damage than the GT's to be considered totaled.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:51 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Sorry man... I couldn't even read your post.. and then to hear it was a hit and run... man.
Best of luck.. again.. sorry about your car.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

if there is frame damage it will be totalled. If not your looking at about maybe 6-8k in damages and depending on what they blue book the car. They might fix it. they rather put 6k into fixing it then 12+ on the total. but yea since its a v6 it might be close. if it was a GT. Im sure they would fix it.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:01 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Get some vaseline and bend way over, you are about to enter the world of the raging insurance homo screw you machine. Am still dealing with these low life scums after a jerkwad totalled my Mach 1 hitting it in the rear. They will try every trick in the book to save a measly thousand bucks. Most important thing, get a body shopYOU trust to take the car to, dont let them pick one. Second thing, get your own estimate in writing. Third, dont settle until everything is the way you want it. My car was totalled, yours wil be repaired, so its a different ballgame, in my case i am fighting to get retail value, in your case you want to get the repairs done to YOUR satisfaction, not theirs. Unfortunately your car will have an accident on its record from now on, devaluing it greatly. This is a no win situation. Make sure you stay on top of it, make them put everything in writing, and dont settle until you are sure you can live with it. If you have Allstate, good luck, they are the worst of the worst.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:28 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Man I hate to see that done to a stang, what a friggin *** monkey!!!! Sorry to hear and see!!! Good luck, hopefully they will total it and you can work on having a brand new baby!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:56 PM
twanger1994

ORIGINAL: howarmat

I would kinda agree with the above suggestion of getting it "totaled." It will take alot of time to get it back to "stock" and you can still have some problems. Good luck and sorry to hear about it.

Sorry for your pain man that sux. since the jerk-off took-off you have 2 choices get yourself anally raped to get the car back to original state or just like everyone say get it totaled and claim in with in surance. few things i can say that will help and go along way when dealing with INS a holes.

1. Everyone is out to get the insurance compnay. EVERYONE!!!!
in return the charge out the a hole premiums for it.
What that means for you. like another reply said be aggresive with them and know you next step. knowing the next step is not that important. the real important thing is that you do not let them back you down. an insurance compay will pay you what you are owed. they just have so many false claims that they try to get it as low as possible. BUT THEY WILL MOVE. it is painful and takes time and sux alot but it is your best bet.

An accident like this can twist that unibody frame like breaking a match stick. im not sure how accurate this is but the lastI heard for a frame straightening job 3000-4000 dollars. and the car will never be totally the same as new. IT IS NEVER GOING TO BE 100%. IM SORRY... You can pay enough and maybe get 98% but unless the car is taken apart (total teardown/rebuild) you beat. it will haunt you. hit up the INS. Company. take them for everything they owe you...... good luck man...

PS most ins. company now forgive a accident so it wont hurt your ins. prems. that much
Old 01-04-2007, 03:04 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

for sure try to get it totalled. you dont want the headaches with stuff never being quite right - plus its always gonna have the accident on the carfax report which will lower the value if/when you sell it.

mustangs are like american flags - if they are ever damaged they need to be respectfully put to rest
Old 01-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Dam this sucks man!! I really hope that they can fix it back to normal and that you're satisfied. If they do fix it then make sure that there are no noises or anything afterwards. If there is then don't except then car until you are 100% satisfied. Once you take itthen there is nothing that you can do. I had mine hit once and told the body shop that I would drive it home and call them in the morning. I wanted to make sure that it was good. Drove fine until I got on the HWY -- hit 80 and started to get a steering wheel shake. Went right back to the shop... never even made it home... here you go not satisfied. They fixed it back to normall so it drives great however every now and then I will here what sounds like a loose screw bouncing around metal... not to often though. Goog luck!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:10 PM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

Latest update...

The insurance company wont write it off as totaled. Approx 6k repair vs. 18k book value for totaled.

Spoke to the body shop manager and they have the following so far:

Front quarter
door panel
rear quarter
trunk lid
rear wheel well liner
possible inner wheel well work
trunk interior panels
entire rear taillights
unibody alignment
4 wheel alignment

They wont know about rear suspension parts until they start dis-assembling the car.

So I guess I need advice on what additional things to have the shop look at while they are in there. Anyone? Bueller?

Quick Reply: Somebody crunced my baby!