Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my guages talk to me...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Default my guages talk to me...

Has anyone else noticed their fuel guage turning red when you are low on gas? I was down to 12 miles left on my tank when my fuel guage turned from the usual blue to bright red... Do all the other guages do this? When the car overheats, does the temp guage turn red? Or when you lose oil pressure, does it do the same? I glanced at the manual, but I didn't see anything...
Old 01-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: my guages talk to me...

If you read through your owners manual you will find that any guage that becomes a dangeroulsy low or has a serious indicator will turn red. It's a feature to help you see a problem.

If your car overheats the temp gauge turns red, almost out of gas, low or high oil pressure etc.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:59 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I was pretty tickled the first time I noticed that too!!!! [sm=lol.gif]
Old 01-05-2007, 01:02 AM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

I thought that just the gas changed colors. Very cool!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:16 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Yes, but unfortunatly I think the oil pressure, battery, and coolent gauges are nothing more than dressed up idiot lights designed to stay right in the middle under all conditions after warm up as long as nothing fails. Real gauges do not behave the way the factory ones do.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:23 AM
markj
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Yes, but unfortunatly I think the oil pressure, battery, and coolent gauges are nothing more than dressed up idiot lights designed to stay right in the middle under all conditions after warm up as long as nothing fails. Real gauges do not behave the way the factory ones do.

I'm not so sure that the temp guage is not a variable guage. I've noticed it changes depending on certain conditions such as cold weather and start up. If you go for a short ride you'll notice that it won't go all the way to center. If it were an idiot guage it would be on cold and jump to normal when warmed up.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:29 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

the only problem is if you have you my color set to red the gauge does not turn another color
Old 01-05-2007, 03:25 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

damn ford built these cars awesome but only got 300hp.. that is sad.. thats why i am selling my GT for a faster and easir to mod car.. LS1 T/A or a terminator.. idont wannaspend my ALL money andstill be around 350rwhp.. i want 450+rwhp maybe over 500rwhp.. and looks like terminators answers that question.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:28 AM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

DooDad, you could get that much with a SC coudlnt u and still look good? Why sacrifice?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:35 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICAKILLA

DooDad, you could get that much with a SC coudlnt u and still look good? Why sacrifice?
S/C cost a lot of money man.. i personally do not have that money.. maybe can get a personaly loan but pay extra 100 bucks a month while i am paying 500 bucks a month for my stang.. i can still pay 500 bucks a month and own a terminator (much more respectable, fast, cheap to mod, easy to mod and you dont have to build the engine to have 700rwhp) i love my stang but it is slow (to me) and parts are DAMN expensive.. i don't wanna be 260rwhp forever..

Quick Reply: my guages talk to me...