Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTE FLI DATA ERROR - RESOLVED

Old 01-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default DTE FLI DATA ERROR - RESOLVED

hey all,
just wanted to make this post for anyone who has had this problem. for the last month or so, i've been recieving a DTE FLI DATA ERROR on my dash dislpay. the fuel and oil gauges drop to zero, parking and check engine light stay on all the time and my blinkers don't make the ticking sound with activated. i read posts about this on the forums and the suggestion was to disconnect the battery for about 15 seconds and that should reset the computer. well, this did work and computer seemed fine again with everything working properly but the problem was that it kept happening. wasn't sure if this had anything to do with me installing a performance tune and the tune being what screwed it up so i had finally had enough of this problem and restored the stock tune hoping that it wouldn't wig out again. sure enough it did so finally took it to the dealer. i also had them look into an annoying rattle that i've been getting from inside the dash area when i'm sitting at a stop while still in drive. seems to happen when the car idles at a certain rpm (i'm guessing). i also had them check out my power window. it would occasionally come down with a hard thud instead of a soft stop when brought all the way down (thought that this was associated with my computer wigging out).

when i returned to the dealer to pick up my car, they gave me the low down on my issues. apparently the DTE FLI DATA ERROR was due to a faulty data transfer wire. that was replaced. the power window issue was something that ford was already aware of so that was a quick fix (had something to do with the computer). the rattling in my dash area was not resolved. they said they removed my dash and could not find anything that was causing it. the tech took my car for a spin and only noticed it on rough roads. now i know that it doesn't take a rough road to make the noise. it just takes my car to idle a certain way for it to set off the heavy rattle. i'm wondering if anyone has this rattle problem and if they have discovered their own fix. ANY TIPS OR SOLUTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. as for my other issues that were resolved, i hope this post helps anyone that is currently dealing with these problems and i advise you to take it to the dealer since we are still under warranty. the problem could be an unexpected one and may help us feel less guilty that it wasn't created by the owner. AGAIN, ANYONE WITH THE DASH RATTLE ISSUE, PLEASE HELP!!!....IT'S FREAKIN ANNOYING !!!

thanks all
Old 01-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: DTE FLI DATA ERROR - RESOLVED

I have a rattle that seems to be in the passenger airbag component. I'll be taking it in, again, soon.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:59 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

Are you driving my car?? I had the issue with the fuel about a month ago, the dealer replaced the sender unit, no problems since!! As for the rattles they also adjusted some clamps behind the dash on passenger side and added extra covering around some of the wires. No more rattles either.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 PM
jackfries

New member with a 05 sonic blue GT. I joined to get more info on the problems mentioned in this thread.

I just rolled over 20K and got the DTE FLI DATA ERR last monday. it only affected my fuel guage and it cleared out within 5 minutes. It did the same thing the next day. But not again in the 6 days since. I took my car in to let a Ford tech look it over on Saturday and they ordered a new fuel sending unit to go in the tank and a new secondary fuel pump but nothing about a data transfer wire. they said it is probably due to certain chemicals in the fuel. Any chance of this being due to my engine being tuned to run on 93? They said the data transfer wire is not the problem and I don't think they even looked at it.

I also mentioned the window clunk because that has been driving me crazy but my car does it randomly and the tech couldn't duplicate the problem. They checked to see if there was anythign documented about the window problem and found nothing so if you have any more info that would help.

I have also noticed a loose metal on metal rattle under the car only when it is cold and i step on the gas around 2500 - 3000 RPM. by the time the engine warms up, the rattle is already gone. I think it is in the exhaust system somewhere (probably toward the front of the car) and when the metal warms and expands it stops the rattle.Anyone else experience this?Have any suggestions on where to look to find this?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: jackfries

I have also noticed a loose metal on metal rattle under the car only when it is cold and i step on the gas around 2500 - 3000 RPM. by the time the engine warms up, the rattle is already gone. I think it is in the exhaust system somewhere (probably toward the front of the car) and when the metal warms and expands it stops the rattle.Anyone else experience this?Have any suggestions on where to look to find this?
I have it right at 3K only when cold......still havent found the answer and no one here has the answer yet either.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Thankfully I know the search feature. Don't need to make a new thread. I just got this DTE FLI DATA ERR warning light right now. Oh that pisses you off! Odd considering my tune has been untouched for almost a whole year now, it showing up for no damn reason. I'll reflash the stock tune and put back on the Brenspeed tune and see if that solves the problem. If not at least temporarily.

If it keeps showing up then I guess it's back to putting in the factory intake and tune, stopping by the dealership, and see if the faulty data transfer wire is to blame in my case also.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:40 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Meph,
Find my post on this.

DTE FLI DADA ERR

DistanceTo Empty Fuel Level Indicator

This has NOTHING to do with ANY TUNE!!!
Both of our verts have this error code!One Mustangis a Saleen S/C and the other is 100% stock V6 (when it first started havingthisproblem)
Fuel sending unit will be replaced tomorrow on both cars.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Well apparently my car has been struck by lightning because the tech said there were "numerous problems on a catastrophic scale." And promised FORD style attempting to blame the audio equipment, only problem is that I have the wiring there with the ends taped up (so no electrical short from them touching)... I haven't been driving with the audio equipment for about a month as I'm in the process of building a new subwoofer box.

So right now the actual root cause of the problem... up in the air. However the tech did say he can't actually blame the wiring as the official problem. But I know he's going to try his hardest to find a way to. Too bad I don't even do the wiring myself, everything in there is done professionally by a perfectionist. Nothing like the evil jobs seen at places like Best Buy.

Guess I have a coin flip on this being warranty covered or not. Don't know how much the Magnusson-Moss Act can help me if I'm not able to 'prove' that it wasn't the problem.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Good to know about the DTE FLI DATA Error, if I get that. I just had a problem with overheating. New 07 GT 5 spd, 1800 miles. Drove it about 30 minutes in rush over,not hard, and parked car. 10 to 15 mintues later, coolent oall over the parking lot. Car is at the dealershio now.

As for the rattle. Have a story about that.This was years ago. Someone had a Honda Accord, early 90s, new car, had a rattle in the A beam. Dealer ship needed to ripe car apart and found a coke bottle in the body, put in at the factory, they even had a factory rep there. I saw them find the bottle. So I know it happened. Hope that is not the problem.
Old 06-03-2023, 12:13 PM
Smoer11136

Default Dte fli data error

For me it was the passenger fuse box since water got into it because of a clogged drain wich then overflows into cabin air filter
symtoms i had where
No oil pressure
No gas
Emergncy brake on
low brake fluid
Blinkers wouldnt make a sound or visual
2 left bulbs where off
a.c wouldnt work (blower did work)
no color in the cluster
....... for your info blinker would blink outside the car and headlights did work aswell just 2 lightbulbs on the left tail light seemed to be out but after i replaced the whole fuse box everything came back to normal everything works now.