Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident - Cut off on I-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:01 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Accident - Cut off on I-4

naw dude i've lived in FL since before i got my drivers license, if theres one thing i can tell you its that most FL cops suck (hmm, that may be a blanket statement for the rest of the country too
Old 01-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

That sucks man. If you had a witness though then you should be good. I would've taken his info just to make sure he pays you and that it get's fixed. Post pics I'd like ot see it. Sorry for the accident man.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:24 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

sorry to hear about that...that sux...let me tell you from experience with broad rearending my car a couple weeks ago and I will tell you if the damage is less than $500 then FHP does not like to be bothered with it...
Old 01-05-2007, 09:37 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

sorry to hear about that...that sux...let me tell you from experience with broad rearending my car a couple weeks ago and I will tell you if the damage is less than $500 then FHP does not like to be bothered with it...
I have a friend here who got into a minor accident with someone (both vehicles could drive away kinda-minor) and he called the cops and they were reluctant to come out to it, so he just freaked out at them, blah blah blah, taxpayer, etc etc, and eventually they came out and wrote up a report on it. So while it might be a waste of their time, the police are tax-funded and if you really want them to come out to an accident, get after them about it and they'll show up (even if it's just to get you to leave them alone.)

What I'm trying to say is that it's their job, and f-ck them if they don't want to be "bothered" by it.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:54 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raubt

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

I have a friend here who got into a minor accident with someone (both vehicles could drive away kinda-minor) and he called the cops and they were reluctant to come out to it, so he just freaked out at them, blah blah blah, taxpayer, etc etc, and eventually they came out and wrote up a report on it. So while it might be a waste of their time, the police are tax-funded and if you really want them to come out to an accident, get after them about it and they'll show up (even if it's just to get you to leave them alone.)

What I'm trying to say is that it's their job, and f-ck them if they don't want to be "bothered" by it.
I agree 100% ...in my case I called the FHP and had them show up....but in this case nothsa did right as FHP would have probably found him at fault although if it is NOT in the middle of the front bumper then you can go with the cut you off thing that really happened....albeit if it is in the middle of the bumper showing a direct rearend impact,,,regardless of the idiot cutting you off they would probably cite you for failure to have control of a motor vehicle....so I think you did the right thing nothsa...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
gtrichyo6
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to here aboutthat.I drive I-4 everyday and know how these idiots drive.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:31 PM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

I-4 is full of jackas*s i don't know how some people even get a liscence in florida....i've had idiots do the same thing sorry for the inconviences though cause now it'll just take more time and money to fix....
Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Unfortunately, there's no right answer in a "no-fault" situation like that.

My wife got sideswiped in a rainstorm and got all the info from him, the guyseemed very compliant, and gave all the information and begged not to call the cops. When we called him, he said that she hit him and go to hell. We ran his info thru a cop friend of ours, and his license was suspended, hence his adversion to having cops present. But the truth of the matter is that even if the cops had been called to the scene, they would not have issued a ticket/fault, since there was no evidence or eyewitness as to whowas actually at fault. Fortunately, it was my POS truck that got hit, we called his insurance company and informed them that the dude had been involved in an accident with a suspended license, and our cop friend promised retribution in his own way...
Old 01-05-2007, 11:11 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

No offense to my 'Stang brethren in Florida, but FL drivers are the worst! Much worse than California drivers.

You know, from the sound of it, this may have been an insurance scam gone wrong (for him). He pulled in front, jammed his brakes (hoping you would really tag him), but you lightly tapped him. Any harder, and he would have faked a neck injury, etc. You're lucky.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:18 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

No offense to my 'Stang brethren in Florida, but FL drivers are the worst! Much worse than California drivers.

You know, from the sound of it, this may have been an insurance scam gone wrong (for him). He pulled in front, jammed his brakes (hoping you would really tag him), but you lightly tapped him. Any harder, and he would have faked a neck injury, etc. You're lucky.
+1

I've heard of this happening a lot to tractor-trailers in the 'States because they can't stop in time if they get cut off. Short-stopping, it's called.

Quick Reply: Accident - Cut off on I-4