Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident - Cut off on I-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:31 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Accident - Cut off on I-4

Any encounters with a tractor-trailer is never good news, glad to see that, after all, everyone is OK.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:02 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and show my wounded pony.

-Jeff
Old 01-06-2007, 04:24 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

You're probably going aftermarket, but in case you want an OEM bumper, try these guys. www.newtakeoff.com Talk to Glenn Dixon at the Indiana branch. Good luck!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:12 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Another place for bumper covers is www.virtualbodyshop.com they come painted to match your car, good prices and high quality work.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:56 PM
slowpozer
1st Gear Member

Interesting the OP didn't even take the trucker tag number. I wonder why.

The "pos truck driver" sees a potential problem ahead. He moves over to block both lanes to give himself an out. He then needs to brake hard. The OP doesn't bother to think about what the trucker is doing, just about his right to not be inconvenienced. He mismatches speed so much he can't out-brake a truck.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:41 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Damn.. there goes some more money on non performance mods... See what happens when you say you are not spending any more cash on things that don't make you faster...
Old 01-06-2007, 07:44 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Yep pretty much jinxed that plan, there goes my Tokico shocks/struts that i've needed so badly.

-Jeff
Old 01-06-2007, 07:59 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ticket orn ot ticket my fault or not i would have called the cops....he couldhave had a suspended liscence...he could later say you rammed him etc....if the ding is in the front sides...the ticket would havelikely been his...because he came into your lane..in the cneter of your bumper might be harder to rpove...good luck ...sorry abut your crash..but i always callthe po po....i pay taxes and want my monies worht even if i get the ticket myself....imho

sorry for the typos im watching football
Old 01-06-2007, 09:46 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

You're no moron, you have a slightly damaged bumper. ...no insurance, police, personal issues; put the incident behind you and forget about "what if" and "what I should have done". No one got hurt, car can be fixed.

Let me ask you: did the front bumper get punctured? if not I will tell you I have reformed several dented, front and rear bumper covers. I was recently hit from behind in my 2000 Mits Galant destroying my rear bumper cover but putting a football size and shape dent in the front cover as I was pushed into a Honda Accord. I removed the front cover, carefully and progressively applying heat with a heat gun and heavy leather gloves I was able to get the dent out to about 95%. You can get a shop to finish from there but I scuff sanded the damaged area with 60grit then used Evercoat polyester glaze, epoxy primer; got new bumper cover off EBay, fixed a few dings. thensent off for entire car repaint. Ins gave me check for $2600. Total cost of repair and repaint $1100. ($1500 extra cash went to down payment on stang [lol])

My point is if not punctured you don't likely need a new bumper cover.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:54 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Yea, here in MD if u rear end someone its your fault. Nohing else matters. I woulda done the same, except maybe take down his info and try to get him to pay.

Quick Reply: Accident - Cut off on I-4