Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Emblem Inside....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Emblem Inside....

Looks great, nice job getting it back straight.
I did the same thing with a '68 Mustang script, used double sided tape and have mine centered.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:19 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i think it looks great...

Old 01-07-2007, 12:20 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Now the bottom of the M and the base of the g (the o part) line up. Thanks for telling me it was not straight... i was in denial.. and would have waited for my wife to tell me.... I did it in kind of a hurry.. knowing that I should wait until I had more time..

I like it.. for some reason.. I have been thinking about this for a while... and thought it would look good.. not too gaudy... but different.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:27 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

That looks awesome ... i put the 4.6 high performance emblem there as welll just a little higher and i like the way it looks but im pretty sure its still not level after fooling with it atleast a million times .... nah prob like two million so dont worry
Looks great though
Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

It looks much better but I think I see the original hole dont I? not a big deal though it looks like it would only be seen if looking in from the side.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:39 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Yea.. in Picture 6 you can see where the post was. I left the metal piece for the post in the old hole for support (had extras)... but you can't see it unless you really look for it (like have a flash on a camera )..... but that's the price you pay for a rush job.

Looked at it again.. and I think that's as good as I can get it.. adjusted it a little more. With the cursive script.. it's hard to get perfect. We'll see tomorrow if my perfectionist wife likes it. [8D]

Thanks again for the comments..

ORIGINAL: Riven02

It looks much better but I think I see the original hole dont I? not a big deal though it looks like it would only be seen if looking in from the side.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

I think it looks good.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:41 AM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

Looks really good. I have seen another one like that but it was mounted on the IUP portion above the glovebox and I thought it looked really nice.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Riggs007
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grabberorange1

Um...how you gonna fix it then if you had to drill holes....I think I would have shaved off the posts and just used two-sided tape to stick it on without ruining the dash of your car...jmo

Hope you like it, thats all that matters...
I like it and grabber has a good idea for those of you who are going to do it too.
When summer comes, I have 2 things to do. I have black interior so, I want to put the same thing on, but paint it flat black first. And take off the GT on the side and paint them flat black aswell.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:47 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Um...how you gonna fix it then if you had to drill holes....I think I would have shaved off the posts and just used two-sided tape to stick it on without ruining the dash of your car...jmo
You were kidding about drilling the dash.... right? If you did drill, start shopping the yards right away and get a spare and put it aside.

Just me, but I remove every emblem possible on every car I own and wouldn't add one on. My car doesn't say Ford (center caps are tri bar pony to match steering wheel), doesn't say GT (fender emblems and fake gas cap gone)on the exterior or the interior. No, I didn't add floor mats that say GT, Ford, or mustang, or get the seats embossed/embroidered. Some people like adding the badging/names/words and we all haveour preferences. Even a 6 year old kid now knows your car is a Mustang so why add the identifying badge? Just cause you like it and that's a good enough reason; the only reason that matters. You do have it nice and straight now and that looks much better. Not to knock the Roush cars (Saleen isn't much different) but any car that has to put it's name on it (Roush) in about 50 or more places so no matter which way you turn your head the name is right there (especially in the interior; hell you're driving it, it's your car, you know it's a Roush) to me is so silly I simply couldn't own one. Even Ford is a lot wiser, the 05-07 mustang doesn't say mustang and theeven the Shelby GT500 has used badging sparingly (says Shelbyjust on the decklid and cap; how many times on the interior, I don'town one to say but it's not on every gauge, foot pedal, fllor mat, shift ****, shift ball, seat, etc like Jack's name)

With all that said, personalizing your car is a great thing. This mustang has revitalized that whole idea on a US made car. ..so I congatulate you on that. Everyone has different tastes and we all have a blast doing different mods; all in fun. Good job! (but do get a spare if you really drilled your pony)

Quick Reply: Mustang Emblem Inside....