Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new plan of attack on corvette and others

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new plan of attack on corvette and others

+1

btw, do you haveaccess to a track and plan to race this guy (and others there?) If you are talking about racing on the street; forget it. All that money, (if you can keep your license and your insurance) street racing isn't worth it. ...at least in this part of the country. Keep in mind the person with the deeper pockets generally will end up faster (eventually, if not sooner); so you can get into a race of 'dollars spent' not cars afterall.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:51 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

You definately aren't going for the sleeper look unless you leave the exterior of your car alone. If you plan on keeping this car for the rest of your life running a blower and nitrous your car won't be lasting too long.

-Jeff
Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

You definately aren't going for the sleeper look unless you leave the exterior of your car alone. If you plan on keeping this car for the rest of your life running a blower and nitrous your car won't be lasting too long.

-Jeff
Agreed, ...you can't even run the bullit rims (carwill look like a GT) ...it would be way too easy to take a GT with CAI & tune, make itlook like a V6 and shock some people, including your friend. Your car won't be a sleeper to your friend cause he's gonna know you have serious money into perf mods. So I don't see the logic with respect to out-running your friend. The best sleepers are cars that never had V8s, set up with one, i.e. 1971 Pinto with 5.0 drive train and stock appearing rims. Thesurprised look on the other guys face will determine how much of a sleeper you have.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:30 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

What I have told my friend is that if I can't speed up my car I'll just make it into a show car, which is what he believes am I currently working on. That's why I have the different exterior mods listed.

My friend has a stock 1993 Corvette coupe which he says has 300 hp. He never states whether that at the flywheel or what he is putting down though.

Trust me when I say this is going to over several years. I am only a senior in high school starting my midterms. I won't have the money for everything for a loooooooooooooooong time. And I will be on a track when I eventually beat his *** down.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:40 PM
nem
2nd Gear Member

PH makes a turbo for your car.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

First a 93 corvette is SLOW.. Throw a 75 shot of N20, get some UDP's, CAI and some LT headers and he is TOAST. You should run a solid low 13 with those mods. I would keep the single exhaust if you want to be a sleeper, instead I would have electric cutouts installed before the Y merge into one and this way you have a true dual dump for when you need to make them show some respect..
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

I guess I'll just give up on the "sleeper" because I don't think I could not put the stripes on. O well, guess I'll just have a show and go car! Plus going off to college in 8 or 9 months will keep my friend and I away from each other for a while. He is planning on U of Miami and I want Fordham in the Bronx. We will only see each other on holiday breaks. Plus I can go home and work on my car easily since I live about 20 miles away from my college.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:59 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

I have the same plan as you hopefully i can save up enough in 2 yrs to have it by senior year.
1) HP Stage 1 Turbo Kit 2) SLP Loudmouth Axel-Back Exhaust 3) Steeda Stage 3 Handling Kit- 4) Spec Stage 3 Clutch 5) Spec Flywheel 6) Hurst Short Throw Shifter 7) Baer GT Plus 14" Front Rotors & Calipers 8) Steeda 18 by 9.5 Ultralite Rims 9) Corbeau Forza Seat 10) Corbeau Silver 5-Point Harness 11) Mounting Brackets 12) Steeda Ultralite Springs 13) Greddy Profec II Boost Controller 14) Forged Rotating Assembly 15) Detroit Locker 16) Aluminum Driveshaft 17) CHE K-Member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters

Old 01-09-2007, 12:00 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Not worth it. Go ahead and do the simple boltons, but you should forget the trying to beat his Corvette. Save you're money on something more important like college.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:01 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

I want to go to Fordham, but basically I go where the best financial package comes from.

Quick Reply: new plan of attack on corvette and others