Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THANKS FRED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:45 AM
CLUBSFIT
2nd Gear Member

Default THANKS FRED!!!!

Just an update to my post yesterday re: my Brenspeed tune problem... Well I tried to call them a couple times this evening and got the answering service, so because of my lack of patience, I thought what the hell, lets try Evo. So at 5pm or so I called, got Fred on the phone, told him my situation. Not sounding surprised he said to e-mail him car, mods etc, and he would call me when it was done. I figured if I could get it sent to me tommorow, I would be good, all of a sudden I get a e-mail back asking what brand of tires I have?? I sent it back, and at 6pm I get a phone call telling me to check my e-mail! He walked me through downloading the SCT software to install, waited on the phone until it was loaded in the programmer, and told me to call him when I drove it. I have my bluetooth, so I called as soon as I installed and took him on the ride w/me, WOW night and day. Now this is what I have been reading about!! Pulls like a s.o.b. in every gear, and I can take advantage of 93 octane. I am not slamming Brenspeed, but even when I 1st installed their tune, nothing even close. It almost seemed they try to make it too aggressive and the computer just backs it off. (not sure if that is even possible). The car just seemed flat and not very responsive. I would love to dyno the car to see exactly what was gained, because it feels every bit of 30+ hp. So in a little over an hour I went from pissed as hell to giggling like a school girl!! That is service!!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:29 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: THANKS FRED!!!!

That sounds really good. Im trying brenspeed on my 6 first...little nervous lately because people have been having trouble with them. If notI got evo or B A M Aon the list.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:37 AM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

I bought the SCT tuner from Brenspeed. But after the install and a dyno pull - only 297 at the wheels.

Then - I went to Fastlane Motorsports in Benson NC for a dyno tune with the SCT.

330 at the wheels. (with just the dyno tune and a dyno tuner - Caleb!)

Form your own conclusions.

You may or may not get the numbers claimed by Brenspeed - or any other retailer - without a dyno tune.

(they changed their ad's language after my experience)
Old 01-09-2007, 01:47 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

WOW ...that is all

ORIGINAL: RUFDRAFT

I bought the SCT tuner from Brenspeed. But after the install and a dyno pull - only 297 at the wheels.

Then - I went to Fastlane Motorsports in Benson NC for a dyno tune with the SCT.

330 at the wheels. (with just the dyno tune and a dyno tuner - Caleb!)

Form your own conclusions.

You may or may not get the numbers claimed by Brenspeed - or any other retailer - without a dyno tune.

(they changed their ad's language after my experience)
Old 01-09-2007, 11:13 AM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

Lol, for a second there, I was like, what did I do????

~Fred
Old 01-10-2007, 03:22 AM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

I run Fred's 93 tune with a C&L trueflow, Nice ehh??!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:48 AM
grbrorng07
1st Gear Member

My brenspeed tune was also very unimpressive. I took it to a local shop and done a dyno with only 2 hp gain over stock. After the guys there worked on it we wound up with abut 17hp gain. this is on a V-6 car with a MMR intake and dual exhaust. The driveshaft broke at5200rpm so i have to take it back for some more tweeking when everything is fixed back. They feel that they can get a few more horses out of it. Also the shift points were not uped on the automatic trans so I had to go in and up them myself. A dyno seems to be a necessary.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:35 PM
CLUBSFIT
2nd Gear Member

had mine dyno tuned today, and we found an overactive knock sensor was killing timing at 4000 rpm. after some final tuning and disabling the knock sensors, the graph couldnt have been smoother if I drew it!!I have never ran less than 93 octane and only 9k miles, so unlikely to have carbon deposits. I may get a new sensor and have it installed and turn them back on. Ended up at 289hp and 304tq at wheels. So almost 25 hp. not bad for intake, pulleys, especially w/20inch blingers on!!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:47 AM
dkegel
1st Gear Member

I have to give kudos to Fred and Evolution as well. I've been very happy with my C&L intake and tune from Fred. The car runs great. And as a bonus,I called him earlier this week asking about an updated tune for the CMCV delete plates and he emailed me new tunes laterthat same day. Great service

Dave Kegel
Old 01-12-2007, 12:57 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

What's a CMCV delete?

Ya, I love my Evo 93 octane tune. The car pulls like a mule from 3000-4500 RPM in all gears. Especially noticable in 2nd and 3rd when having stoplight fun.

Quick Reply: THANKS FRED!!!!