Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with Dealer and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Issue with Dealer and warranty

Car wash was my first thought, BTW, DC Metro area.... I-81?, where you at, I go up and down I-81 every day, I work in Chantilly, And which dealer?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Drivesthebeast
2nd Gear Member

I hate when dealerships wanna sweat things...they never look at the "big picture"...they are only concerned with being out-of-pocket then and there...
Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

It's crap like this that will end in the Camaro winning the muscle car war! THAT'S why they are waiting so long to bring it out! Chevy figures why not let everyone buy a Ford, get crappy treatment from the service dept (which will only get worse, thanks to Ford's troubles and many denials of warranty work recently) and then when the Camaro comes out in 2009, 2010 or 2040, whenever, they'll get all us once-loyal Ford owners.
With the problems I've had (see that active thread) I'm almost ready to leave, except I've actually had pretty good dealer service. And I got a GT which is usually the fastest thing in the parking lot!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:19 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

I don't think that Ford has to worry about a GM service department putting them to shame. There are good service departments and bad ones in each franchise,but I assure you that GM is no better than ford....
Old 01-10-2007, 09:21 AM
ZZmustang
Banned

Antenna with antenna wire is like, $10.00. Buy one. Good thing Ford offers a 3 year warrenty for stuff that really matters.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:04 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Speaking of warranty, my 06 has the 5/60 extended on the powertrain. Funny how they tacked that on without fanfare the end of 06.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:10 AM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Definately an unfortunate situation to say the least, but these threads are all based on the "see things from my perspective" premise but rarely are the same people willing to see things from the dealer/maker perspective. Anyone else here have an issue with the antenna breaking? Didn't think so. Soooo, if antennas are not known to fail easily and you show up to the dealer with the antenna removed saying that the wind blew it off.......I would call your bluff as well. Do you have your oil changed at the dealer? Would you go there for ANYTHING but warranty work? Didn't think so. Why on earth should they either try to scam the maker or take a cash loss for a customer that provides them no incentive? However, if that is your purchasing dealer we are talking about - they should at least butter you up with some lube tickets if you agree to pay for the repair. It sucks, but you can't expect a dealer/maker to pay for something that is VERY likely the result of impact or vandalism.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:55 AM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

I too live in the greater DC area. Which dealer did you go to?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Having run a shop my self for several years, I do see things from the dealers perspective. But the way these dealers, Mine inparticular, has some of the poorest customer service I have seen, If I had treated my customers this way, I would have been out of business in 6 months. The proper way to handle it would have been to at least invesigate the situation a little then doing an immediate claim denial, as they have with me, I had to deal with ford directly in the past on my 99 when the tranny took a dump, after they had "replaced" the front pump three times, The 3rd time, I marked all the trans bolts, they never moved, They gave me what we used to call a "wall job". I have already had this experiance at two different dealers on the 06, the last one told me it would be 3 weeks to adjust the hood where it is installed crooked from the plant. Then there are my tsb issues, lets not even go there. If the customer service was good, I would let the dealer service my vehicles, both of them, means less for me to do, they will still put in the fluids of your choice, and will let you bring them in if you like. I even discussed this with the service manager and lead tech. But my experiance has been so poor that it sours me. and being in my current field I work with a lot of different Ford dealer ships, as well as other makers. There is a general distaste for the public from the dealers point of view. The old days of working with your customers and trying to make a bad day good are all but gone, it is the same in the parts business, this industry is going down hill. A little more effort from both sides of the fence would do wonders.

ok...
[sm=rant.gif]

ORIGINAL: shaners90lxhatch

Definately an unfortunate situation to say the least, but these threads are all based on the "see things from my perspective" premise but rarely are the same people willing to see things from the dealer/maker perspective. Anyone else here have an issue with the antenna breaking? Didn't think so. Soooo, if antennas are not known to fail easily and you show up to the dealer with the antenna removed saying that the wind blew it off.......I would call your bluff as well. Do you have your oil changed at the dealer? Would you go there for ANYTHING but warranty work? Didn't think so. Why on earth should they either try to scam the maker or take a cash loss for a customer that provides them no incentive? However, if that is your purchasing dealer we are talking about - they should at least butter you up with some lube tickets if you agree to pay for the repair. It sucks, but you can't expect a dealer/maker to pay for something that is VERY likely the result of impact or vandalism.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:01 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Completely valid argument. I agree with several of your points. I don't know exactly how the conversation about your antenna went. The discussion Ford had with that dealer is the mitigating factor in your coverage. Really wish I knew what they said......If I had your VIN I could likely find out.If they treated you like a jerk, shame on them. They should know better. However, it seems that you are more disappointed in your treatment rather than your repair coverage. If that is the case, I have no further argument.

Quick Reply: Issue with Dealer and warranty