Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It hurt me to watch it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 04:24 AM
GuitarGuyBMG
2nd Gear Member

Default It hurt me to watch it.

Im driving across town to school today sitting at a red light with a Jaguar infront of me. I noticed the guy was talking on his cell, and generally not paying attention to driving, becuase he was driving very fast for the area ( near a daycare, elementary school, etc. ) and swerving on the road. Apparently he was in some big rush or somthing to a buisness meeting or somthing. Anways, the left turn signal came on meaning that ONLY the people in the left turn lane on our side of the road and the opposite side of the road could go. I had been looking at a Mach 1 that was making a left turn on the other side of the road for a while.... but then the guy infront of me decided to go. Our light was red and only people making left turns could. He obviously wasnt paying attention to the light, and saw the person next to him go and assumed he could. Well, the Jaguar T-boned the Mach 1 and they pulled over to the side a side parking lot to wait for the cops.

The cops came and I decided to pull over as a witness to see what happended and make sure everyone was ok, as not a lot of cars were around at the time and no one else decided to stop. Well, long story short, the guy in the Jaguar tried to say that the guy in that Mach 1 pulled out infront of HIM. I talked to the cop and told him that was defintely not the case and they got everything straightned out. IDK, just kinda pissed me off. Im fairly sure the guy would have believed the guy in the Jag too, because it was a really expensive looking car and the guy was dressed up in a buisness suit and all. Some ppl just **** me off. Ok thats the end of my rant lol.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:49 AM
Sap
4th Gear Member

Default RE: It hurt me to watch it.

At least you stopped to make sure the story got told as it happened. Good Looking out.

E.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:54 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

****ing *******, if i overheard him trying to lie....oooh, what a ****....now im riled up! good thing u didnt let him get away with that story keepin our brethren safe from one ******* at a time

[sm=hail.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=hail.gif]
Old 01-12-2007, 06:58 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

You did a very noble deed. Good for you. Kudos.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:12 AM
roothog69
1st Gear Member

It's a good thing you stopped as a witness. Most people can't be bothered to do that, everyone's so busy and most people just don't care. Nice to know there's still some moral fiber left in our ever Deteriorating society.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:05 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

I agree with you, stupid driving, especially those on a cell phone, hacks me off. Thanks for doing a good deed as a witness. Just maybe that Jag driver will learn a lesson.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:11 AM
ZZmustang
Banned

The truth is always whats important, no matter what side it lands on.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:11 AM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

+1 !!!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:42 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Good for you guitarguy, there's always a need for someone impartial to get the truth. Maybe that guy in the Mach 1 is a MF member!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:05 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I did that very same thing when I was in high school, many, many years ago. Lucky for me the people making a left stopped. I realized right away what I had done and felt like such an idiot.

It only takes a split second of not paying attention to cause an accident. I wish I could convince my wife of that since she is usually looking everywhere but straight ahead, or behind.

Quick Reply: It hurt me to watch it.