Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod Intergration with Stock 06 Stereo: Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 05:42 PM
JimStang

Default RE: iPod Intergration with Stock 06 Stereo: Help

ORIGINAL: ghoztofcasper
It will be available in Feb 2007 for around $450 (hope best buy can make me a better offer)
Alpine's iDA-X001 iPod/media receiver
Yeah, I was a bit bummed when I saw that. I got the Alpine CDA-9857 in October when I got my Mustang. It works great with my iPod and was cheaper than that new unit, but the new unit looks real nice and definitely something that I might have shelled out the extra money for. Of course, it seems to require a 5th gen iPod, so I'd have to get a new iPod as well (I currently just have a 3rd gen just for my Stang... don't really need a newer iPod for holding my car songs.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:53 PM
chiromaniac

Default RE: iPod Intergration with Stock 06 Stereo: Help

To any of you considering the PIE interface, also called iSimple for ipod connection, be careful. The wiring may cause electrical system malfunctions inside the car. I have one in my 06 gt conv. and it occasionally sends the electrical system into "safe mode" and many major systems, including AC, roof controls, traction control, turn signals, etc. to not function. In addition, you get a DTE/FLI error message on the message center. The only way to clear this is to disconnect the battery for a minute, and it goes away. It returns at the most inconvenient times. If you search DTE/FLI error on this site, you can find some discussion regarding this problem. Many of us have traced it to this piece of junk adapter. Out it comes. Upgrade the head unit instead - much less headache.