Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Sexy Baby (Chips and dings on my car, from a truck carryin too much rocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:04 AM
ZZmustang
Banned

Default RE: Just got lots of Chips and dings on my car, from a truck carryin too much rocks

Drivers and truck companies are not liable if there load is secure, and not over flowing, i.e. rocks coming out of an empty truck is just doing business, rocks coming over the top or over the side is a unsecured load and the company is liable. If it ever happens again get the truck company name. call them and ask where they get there load, because you wanted to get some also. then go there with camera in hand and take a picture of overloaded truck from that company, turn over picture to your insurance company who will get paid from the trucking co threw the insurance arbitration board and your car gets fixed and no count against you insurance. Don't just tell your insurance company that "ABC trucking" dropped rocks and hit your car, they will just say , where’s the beef? Give them something to argue with and they will help you.( thats why you renew your policy with them)
Old 01-17-2007, 08:53 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got lots of Chips and dings on my car, from a truck carryin too much rocks

yea i would too, if you find a good website with a good price let me know about it
Old 01-17-2007, 08:58 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin...;submodel=1930
just found it, i was so curious lol, pretty expensive, they even have precut window tint to fit our cars
Old 01-17-2007, 10:24 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZZmustang

Drivers and truck companies are not liable if there load is secure, and not over flowing, i.e. rocks coming out of an empty truck is just doing business, rocks coming over the top or over the side is a unsecured load and the company is liable. If it ever happens again get the truck company name. call them and ask where they get there load, because you wanted to get some also. then go there with camera in hand and take a picture of overloaded truck from that company, turn over picture to your insurance company who will get paid from the trucking co threw the insurance arbitration board and your car gets fixed and no count against you insurance. Don't just tell your insurance company that "ABC trucking" dropped rocks and hit your car, they will just say , where’s the beef? Give them something to argue with and they will help you.( thats why you renew your policy with them)

thanks thats pretty good, I went to see the body shop this morning and they recommended that i call my insurance and tell them, and then make an appointment to have my car there, he'll clean it and make sure he spots all rock dents and scratches to show it to the insurance when they go see it, How long do you think that'll take? Its that another option to the police report? I was goin to go pick it up today or tomorrow, and still use just in case
Old 01-17-2007, 01:59 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

Well 3M makes great products, and they stand behind their product line. I have seen the bra on a few cars and you can't tell its three unless you get right on top of it. One advantage of this is as the car ages the paint will fade evenly, as opposed to having a leather bra on the car.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:10 PM
bfoster01
I ♥ Acer

Insurance will cover it and it will be close to or more than $500. I had some damage from a hurricane that was less than that and all the body shops said tyhe whole panel needed to be painted and/or clear coated - they wouldn't just do the scratches if you can feel it with your fingernail. Really sorry...

Howard Stern - Baba Booiy
Old 01-17-2007, 05:52 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

alright if its less than 500$ no point in reporting it to the insurance, might as well pay it myself
Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

auto body shop deal: $611
1) remove, clean, and repaint left fender
2) purchase and add missing stripe kit ($65 included in total)
3) touch up spot on the bumper ( told me not to paint it unless i really have to)
4) car cleaned, sanded and so forth to match the new paint
5) buffer headlight alittle in hopes of removing the scratches

Also told me i could purchase a new one for $165, but thats too expensive, i read somewhere on here about a post someone made about this new aftermarket light available for it and the set cost around the same price, so i would rather buy that if i decided to add it

Old 02-02-2007, 05:42 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

look at her now

lookin all sexy and new, too bad I don't have a garage to keep her in the snow expected today is gonna make the shiny disappear
Old 02-02-2007, 06:56 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

So, how much was it to get it purty up again?

Quick Reply: New Sexy Baby (Chips and dings on my car, from a truck carryin too much rocks