Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster or Borla

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:13 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Flowmaster or Borla

Before I bought my '07 GT, I had a 2000 V6 Auto. I had dual flowmasters put on it and they sounded pretty good. I had a lot of people stop and ask me about them. My car-freak buddys even liked em. I now have flows on my GT which sound really good but not as deep as I had hoped for.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:32 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

here's where we get into pure opinion...but in my opinion big displacement V6's just don't sound good with loud exhaust. Small displacement V6's can sound OK if they spin fast enough....but it is a completely different sound than a big displacement engine.

Again, purely one man's opinion.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:36 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

flows on my 06 gt and they sound great, there may be better ones out there (its all opinion) but im happy with em.

flows on my 77 and they rumble like hell - i LOVE em!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:02 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

I had the Flowmaster40 Seriesa/b and really liked the sound...but then a baffle weld broke. Supposedly this was an earlier problem that had been fixed but apparently I got a bad set.

When I explained to Brent at Brenspeed that I was looking for a "medium" loud sound he recommended the Pypes Violators, which do sound very good as promised, and cost about the same as the Flows.

To Flowmaster's credit, they did give me a refund.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Ruffnuts and 05 Ricky have obvioulsy never heard the Stingers on the Mustang.O and by the way What does a chevy sound like? I am curious? Most Chevy guysI know Run Flowmasters!!

Richard
I have heard stingers o stangs and what I mean by sounding like a chevy, is because I have heard a few camaros with borla's and a few stangs with em and they sould alot alike.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

I forgot to add I have long tube headers so my flowmasters are loud as hell with em so maybe thats why i lke em so much and they do have a great tone. I will take a video this weekend of of my car at idle and at a take off so peeps can hear what it sounds like. headers do add a HUGE difference i sound o any exhaust.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:15 AM
ucdgreek
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

Most of you guys have Borla but you also have GTs.

What would sound better on a V6?

I'm afraid the Borlas won't sound as impressive on my car...
I have a V6 and the borla sound great. loud when u really step on the gas but quiet when u are sitting at a light. Everyone always compliments me on them.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I currently run the 40 Series flowmaster and like how they sound... I say go flowmaster
Old 01-18-2007, 06:45 AM
newfer23
1st Gear Member

This all comes down to how obnoxious do you want to be...I went with the Flowmasters American Thunder, after much forum banter,and am more than happy with them. I go to work early some days in the summer and my neighbour says he loves waking up to the sound of my car when I start it up. As for drone, only in 5th around 1800-2300Rpm. Even then inside the cabin noise is not really noticeable.

I don't think the Flows are going to be as loud as the Borla's but I've never heard them in person. As for installation, super easy. About 1/2hr. All comes down to personal preference. whatever you get enjoy!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM
dborne
1st Gear Member

I have the axle back Flows and they are nice but not near as deep as i hoped, i just got em and i'm already thinking of getting something else. but i have heard they sound a lot better with headers

Quick Reply: Flowmaster or Borla