Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I saw the new Challengers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 04:14 PM
bfoster01
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I think I saw the new Challengers...

Just wondering Jim- Why is it such an "AWESOME" car dude? You have only seen concept pictures I would think...

Are there any "Challenger" forums? They would just love you. HOWARD STERN

Maybe they will also come out with a Road Runner soon or a Dart... COOOOL... That would be a NEAT and AWESOME ride! I would trade MY GT for that dude. [:-]

I wish I knew a guy with $40,000
Old 01-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bfoster01

Just wondering Jim- Why is it such an "AWESOME" car dude? You have only seen concept pictures I would think...

Maybe they will also come out with a Road Runner soon or a Dart... COOOOL... That would be a NEAT and AWESOME ride! I would trade MY GT for that dude. [:-]

Road Runners would be cool, and I'm sure would start the Mopar fanatics into pushing for another Super Bird. But, I don't think they'd ever happen, because you'd have to have that WING, and I can't see the DOT ever allowing Daimler-Chrysler to build something new with a spoiler that high...

I STILL think that the Challenger's a stylish car...

Old 01-21-2007, 05:32 PM
bfoster01
I ♥ Acer

So you like it better than a Mustang?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:52 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

I think its an AWESOME car because I LIKE IT!!!!! THATS WHY!!!... and I actually was right next to one at the '06 NEW YORK Auto Show!!!....AWESOME DOOD!!!! KEWL!!!!! LIKE NEAT AN' STUFF!!!!

...now go away and spank it to pictures of Howard Stern, and leave the forum for people that actually have something halfway intelligent to post!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout
Well, keep in mind, your friend wasn't buying a REAL GTO. He was buying a Holden Monaro Coupe that was rebadged as a GTO.
THANK YOU

I have been saying that exact thing for the longest friggin time....

And yes - FPV out of Australia has some badass cars - the Force 8, the GT-P, the Typhoon .... awesome!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

While driving by a Dodge dealership here in West Palm Beach. I didn't get a good look but I caught a glimps on the way to and from where I was going. There was a few in red, orange and what looked like the older lime green type color. The roof lines look idential to them and the trunk lines.

Could it have been them? I thought they were a good while from being released. But what else could it have been? This has been driving me crazy!
Much as I'd like to say yes, that'd be darned near impossible. Dodge hasn't actually started them through the assembly line yet. They're due to hit the dealerships in July as a 2008 vehicle, per Dodge's website. Maybe they were having a car show?
That's what I thought, but damn they looked like them.

Doubt it was a car show, they were lined up with the other new ones, and I saw them around 8pm and on the way home around midnight.

Yeah I think you spotted Chargers dude - I have seen them in that crazy GREEN

Hey West Palm - cool - what dealership???

I am just south o' you in Boynton
Old 01-22-2007, 09:40 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Remeber, this thing is going ona shortened300/Charger/Magnum platform, so it wouldn't be hard to put it out with a 6 cylinder. What IS going to be hard is a manual, as it's not in the current lineup.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimsGT

I think its an AWESOME car because I LIKE IT!!!!! THATS WHY!!!... and I actually was right next to one at the '06 NEW YORK Auto Show!!!....AWESOME DOOD!!!! KEWL!!!!! LIKE NEAT AN' STUFF!!!!

...now go away and spank it to pictures of Howard Stern, and leave the forum for people that actually have something halfway intelligent to post!!!

I'm right there with ya on this one. The thing I like about the Challenger is that it looks significantly different from its siblings. It seems like it's on its own platform, and still has a lot of the classic retro looks similar to the original Challenger.

And I DO like it, but to say, "Do you like it more than a Mustang?" Well, yes and no. I like it better for certain reasons. I've always liked being able to say "It's got a Hemi in it" versus "It's a 5.0", which sounds ghetto thanks to Vanilla Ice.

But, I like the Mustang just as much because there's a LOT of aftermarket support for it, it's stylish, and it's got a lot of get up and go to it.And, I like my Mustang because I OWN one.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:07 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimsGT

THANK YOU! Had to be said. bfoster, you're more than welcome here, but take it easy with the Howard Stern fixation. And, I know you're thinking it, so don't say it: "Baba Booey!"
Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM
bfoster01
I ♥ Acer

Thanks Ken - no harm meant - just curious why someone would rave about something like that on a Mustang enthusiast forum - glad you can see the irony. I took it personally.

As for JimGT - he is very harsh - boy - but very intelligent. I hope really that he gets his Challenger and then is harsh to the people on that forum and say how his Challenger is much better than Mustangs. It's hard to believe he was actually really "right next to one" He is a time traveller no doubt and also intelligent and he knows someone with $40,000!. I am humbled.

Also, why would I want to "spank" pictures? Can you spank a picture of a Challenger? I kind of think that if you could you would Jim - I just don't know why... I guess it's a Challenger thing. Jim - I love Howard Sternlong time like you love the Challenger concept caryou saw - it's all good man.