Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque specs for factory panhard rod?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:31 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: torque specs for factory panhard rod?

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

BMR has had problems with all of their bushings doing this ever since they started selling suspension parts [:@]Lack of quality if you ask me, sorry about your inconvience bro. My buddy has had this same problem with his lower control arms from them, he has replaced the bushings twice now. At first he gave me crap on how affordable his suspension parts were from them compaired to my Steeda stuff and now he takes every thing back
So where can I get replacement bushings if BMR won't give me any?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:19 PM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

BMR has had problems with all of their bushings doing this ever since they started selling suspension parts [:@]Lack of quality if you ask me, sorry about your inconvience bro. My buddy has had this same problem with his lower control arms from them, he has replaced the bushings twice now. At first he gave me crap on how affordable his suspension parts were from them compaired to my Steeda stuff and now he takes every thing back
So where can I get replacement bushings if BMR won't give me any?
He complained and complained and they finally sent him a new set, I believe that's all you can really do, this last set he installed where energy suspension bushings and he hasn't had any problems yet. Most parts have some type of warranty, if you get the right person on the phone have them try to warranty them for you, they should atleast try to make it right and back there product up.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:17 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I have noticed that BMR along with a couple other suspension companies are now switching over to Energy Suspensions Line for the bushings. In fact I spoke with the folks at CHE and they are in the process of making all their parts have them. Also the Center Bushing for the rear end that BMR sells is a Energy Part.

Richard
Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

I have the BMR bushings on my car: panhard bar, UCA, LCAand they are working perfectly after 10,000 miles. I am willing to bet that the cracking many people are experiencing is the result of improper lubrication. As has been posted earlier, you must use SILICONE grease on poly bushings. You cannot use a petroleum-based grease or synthetic petroleum grease.

05 Ricky, do you know how your buddy greased his bushings??
Old 01-22-2007, 07:18 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well mine did not crack because of the grease, they cracked because the center sleeve was not lined up perfectly and bmr's 140 ft. lbs is a bit much. I found another piece of my bushing in the driveway this morning. Yeah!

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

I have the BMR bushings on my car: panhard bar, UCA, LCAand they are working perfectly after 10,000 miles. I am willing to bet that the cracking many people are experiencing is the result of improper lubrication. As has been posted earlier, you must use SILICONE grease on poly bushings. You cannot use a petroleum-based grease or synthetic petroleum grease.

05 Ricky, do you know how your buddy greased his bushings??
Old 01-22-2007, 07:20 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Just an update. BMR is sending me some new bushings ASAP. I think i'll torque these a little bit less and get some silicone grease.