Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you still have the Pirelli PZero Nero tires on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:02 PM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

Default Do you still have the Pirelli PZero Nero tires on?

Do you still have the Pirelli PZero Nero tires on? I'm thinking of getting the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires, and getting of the stockPirelli.

Does anyone has any experience of the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires? Does it have good winter performance? On the tirerack survey, it seems that it has slightly better winter performance than the Pirelli PZero.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Do you still have the Pirelli PZero Nero tires on?

I still have them...but not for long.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:20 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

I have them only because I have 2 extra sets to roast[sm=burnout.gif]
Old 01-19-2007, 09:42 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

i always thought pirelli was supposed to make good tires. i havent looked at the specs for these but are they crap or something?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

They aren't crap. They are what they are which is an all season performance tire. The key word there is all. They want to be good at everything, but not great at anything.

I'm thinking about trying a 275/55/17 on the back made by yokohama. It's a sport truck tire and it's 28.9 inches tall. There aren't many wide chooses in 17's and i'd like something slightly taller than stock.

tire rack wants $190 each for them which is a lot for me to pay for something that's just going up in smoke at the track.[:-]

ORIGINAL: my77stang

i always thought pirelli was supposed to make good tires. i havent looked at the specs for these but are they crap or something?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:02 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NewMustang

Do you still have the Pirelli PZero Nero tires on? I'm thinking of getting the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires, and getting of the stockPirelli.

Does anyone has any experience of the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires? Does it have good winter performance? On the tirerack survey, it seems that it has slightly better winter performance than the Pirelli PZero.
i was going for pilots, but i was told by store that they were depleting their stocks and that the model was discontinued, and if i need a replacement tire, there wouldnt be any available, so he insisted i go with x-ice or blizzak u choose, performance or better handling. i wont be speedin the snow so i took the handling. I couldnt even test it today because my state was cheap on putting salt and didnt put any until it had stopped snowing so everyone was getting stuck everywhere. according to the seller, tire rack is just depleting their stock and isnt necessary offerin anymore of those unless u buy 5 or 6 and save the other two
Old 01-19-2007, 11:50 PM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06
i was going for pilots, but i was told by store that they were depleting their stocks and that the model was discontinued, and if i need a replacement tire, there wouldnt be any available, so he insisted i go with x-ice or blizzak u choose, performance or better handling.
I'm talking about all season tires, not snow tires. Since when I get my car back, it will be Feburary. So, I'm thinking of getting all season tires with good winter performance.

On Michelin website, it seems they still have the Pilot Sport A/S.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:51 PM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

My car spun, so I'm not sure how good they are at winter driving. The Pirelli PZero sold for $75 each on tirerack, but the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S sold for $200 each, so I assume the Michelin is better. I'm not sure.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:02 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NewMustang

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06
i was going for pilots, but i was told by store that they were depleting their stocks and that the model was discontinued, and if i need a replacement tire, there wouldnt be any available, so he insisted i go with x-ice or blizzak u choose, performance or better handling.
I'm talking about all season tires, not snow tires. Since when I get my car back, it will be Feburary. So, I'm thinking of getting all season tires with good winter performance.

On Michelin website, it seems they still have the Pilot Sport A/S.
i kno but just read around, my source came from a well known mechanic, so i trust him, and therefore went with the michellin, i have some nice dubs fors the summer, just want to get them rechromed, just have a second option for all season tire, or buy a spare one. I purchased the road hazard thing because it was worth it
Old 01-20-2007, 12:07 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

go with this one if u want to buy a spare, just in case Michelin Pilot Sport A/S or consider these: Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 or runflats lol, i always wanted that: Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 ZP or this one Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus those are the best

Quick Reply: Do you still have the Pirelli PZero Nero tires on?