Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Suffocating Smellin when driving :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:50 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Strange Suffocating Smellin when driving :(

I had mice crawl up into my engines during the winter. Open your hood and look for poop. They can cause alot of damage by chewing on wires and it is not covered by warranty. [:'(]
Old 01-23-2007, 07:00 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

u serious?
so who the hell covers that? its not my fault theirs rats around
Old 01-23-2007, 07:36 PM
jlm07GT

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

lol nope no pets, but seeing that my dad found a rat all mushed in his rear brake when he was changing them, they've probably populated this area by my house
Damn that sucks. I had a similar problem with a critter in my neighborhood. It was a squirrel.After I got my Mustang, I put my previous car up for sale. The old car didn't move much in the month that it took to sell. When I finally got a buyer for it, I checked out everything with the car to make sure that all was ok. Problem was that the car wasn't starting anymore. It didn't even attempt to turn over. I was confused since I had changed the battery not too long ago and it was fine a few weeks prior.

When I opened the hood I found that this squirrel was getting some seeds from nearby trees and it built a nest inside my old car. There were hundreds of peanut sized seeds in my engine bay and a whole bunch of twigs. I couldn't believe how much stuff that animal put in that car. After I saw that stuff there, I ran to the new Mustang to make sure that it wasn't building a nest in that car either. Luckily, it only built nests in two of the three cars that we have and it spared the stang.

I cut down all the branches that had those seeds in my property. Hope you find the cause of your smelly situation.[:'(]
Old 01-23-2007, 07:50 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

yea thanks we have a problem with squirrels here a few years ago, but my neighbor sprayed this dangerous liquid all around her property and all sorts of animals turned up dead and most other animals havent been seen by here in over a year lol. I've only seen an occassional cat, not even squirrels lol
Old 01-23-2007, 08:52 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I had to cover the costs (about 700.00). Plus the cost of traps and pellet gun
Old 01-23-2007, 09:11 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

that sucks, its not even our fault, i would blame the town lol for not cleaning up
Old 01-23-2007, 11:44 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

That reminds me.....I need to go drive my truck around a bit!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:28 AM
jpeng16990
1st Gear Member

Edge, did you ever figure out what the smell was coming from? I hope i dont find any surprises in my engine bay when i get back from my deployment.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 AM
panzermk2
1st Gear Member

I can't begin to count how many dashes I had to pull when working at the Dealership to clean critters and critter crap out. Moth ***** smell bad but they keep just about everything out of your ride even put them under the hood when storing. The sooner you get into it the better. The longer it sits the worse it will be to clean. You need to take it to the "stealership" and have them get into it with bright lights and mirrors to see inside your ducts.

For the mildew guys your evaporator core only grows that crap in the summer when its warm and wet when you shut down on a hot day made worse when your drain tube is clogged with leaf/junk debri.

This is the dead of winter

Side note "stealership" how about dumba$$ owners who do brake jobs so well they trash their calipers and even their master cylinders and when they bring it to us and we have to unf@ck their "pro job" we are thieves for charging them for our time and parts they trashed.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:09 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Just a thought..... Have you had a fight with the girlfriend/wife lately?

Quick Reply: Strange Suffocating Smellin when driving :(