Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dirtiest mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:29 PM
SCS06GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: dirtiest mustang

Mine's currently in storage for the winter...but in the summer time it's atleast once a week (wax regiment once a month).

I can't wait till spring!!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Wash as needed... maybe 2-3 times a month. Wax so far none... the dealer I got the car from has an "autobutler" service.. they reapply every 6 months.. keeps the car very nice... I think it was a bit of a unfair add on from them.. they told me every car they sell goes out with it..... but so far it seems good...
Old 02-05-2007, 05:35 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

I wash my baby about once a week (or 10 days), but haven't needed to wax her at all yet (took delivery November 1st) because I don't drive her in rain or snow and she sleeps in the garage.
Still as shiny as the day I got her (and I clean off the brake dust from the mags with a soft paper towel every time I drive her so there's no build up).

forensicsteve- if you want to see what your car will look like in just a few years of not caring for her, then come take a look at my POS beater.....

Wingman- unless there's snow or ice on the road, you don't know what you're missing by not taking her out when it's freezing cold- she'll run like a scalded dog in those temperatures...!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:46 PM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

Why buy a grea car then treat it like krap ??? [sm=chairshot.gif]

I wash once a week, wax whenever time allows. But I must admit it is a labor of love. When a see a spot or a little dirt it drives me nuts[sm=headbang.gif]

Oh, by the way I just figured out how to use the little smileys [sm=icon_rock.gif]

PXDIG

quit looking at the bunny

Old 02-05-2007, 05:55 PM
NVRL8
2nd Gear Member

That's just wrong
I wash my car about 3 times a week even less that it has been raining seems like every damn day and wax about once a month and every second wash of the week I even take the wheels off and washtheinside of those to, just can't stand to drive a dirty car.Keep her clean[sm=icon_beat.gif]
ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

OK....I am in-between lectures....taking a little break. This is a contest that I think I canactually win. I have hadthe car almost 5 months nowand havesprayed water on it once, no soap though(maybe 4 months ago?). How often do you wash, clean, and even wax your beautiful mustangs? Iwill likelynever wash mine. I think the daily build up of dirt, oil, grime, and rubber (by rear wheel wells) gives mine character.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I wash and wax my car every week.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
07stanglady
1st Gear Member

And here I thought this post was about who really did have the dirtiest car--and I was going to have to shamefully say it was mine, until yesterday. We finally got our first snow, and it was huge (for us, all at once), and the mucky roads have been at my car daily for two weeks or so, with no time for a wash. It was completely gross!!

Now it's all better, and I can touch it again without having to wash my hands instantly! FWIW, I try to wash every couple of weeks, unless time allows for more often than that, and every time it's washed, I use Spray-On Wax from Griot's Garage. Great stuff, and I probably won't have to really do a full wax until the summer. I'm going to order some of the Speed Shine from them next so maybe I won't have to wash it as often, even.

So why would you not wash your car? And why would you admit to it here if you do let it rot?? I'm not sure I get the point of this post, now that I see what it's really about??
Old 02-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

You really need to take this picture off. It is just too distracting from the subject at hand.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:36 PM
NVRL8
2nd Gear Member

Sorry sherwood, that would not be ethical to remove such a fine piece of [sm=smiley35.gif].
ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

You really need to take this picture off. It is just too distracting from the subject at hand.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

Summer, it's like a every other day thing.
I hate to start a conflit here, but I must say that in IMO its quite wasteful[>:]... I live in Florida where droughts are always in the news and we are assigned certain days where we are allowed to water our lawn or wash our cars, but putting that aside I must say the amount of water the average car wash consumes can amount to a large sum of water over time.. I think that once a week is more than plenty!! I really dont think I sound like a tree hugger either, its just water is limited and when its gone, ITS GONE!!!

Quick Reply: dirtiest mustang