Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

snow-ma-stang

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:50 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: snow-ma-stang

Yep we got 6+ inches north of Indy. I drove the truck this morning knowing that snow was coming. I did see a mustang stuck on a side street as I was coming home. It was an older model and I don't think they have traction control and the road was not even plowed yet! Today I was very happy to have a second vehicle as I would not have wanted to attempt to drive the mustang with this much snow.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:55 PM
ral8667

I live in Denver Colorado, and we've had a ton of snow this season. I put on the Dunlop Sport M3 tires all around, and was able to drive home during our first blizzard. There was about 6" of snow at the time, but I made it without getting stuck. I have the GT, so I imagine having both tires pushing is a big help. I've driven on ice too, and it did ok. I never got a chance to drive in the snow with the stock tires, so I can't compare these Dunlops to them.

Ron
Old 02-06-2007, 11:21 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

I've only driven mine a short distance in the snow but it did pretty good.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:23 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

If you take it easy and drive slower than normal it should not be a big problem. I drove my stang int he snow for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago and it was not that bad.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:16 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dumpweed

wow, over all i'm pretty happy. today i left work at 3:15, and made it home at 3:45, oh and its 5 miles!!! but really, the only that held me back this past spring on buying the stang was the fact that i'd probably still live somewhere that has snow. i moved to Columbus, IN two months back for a new job, and i've seen a little down here, back up around home in Ft Wayne, IN i got some slush and stuff a few weeks ago.

but really these stangs aren't to bad inthe stuff. i think we got about 5" give or take. even saw two FWD cars stuck as i went by. so over all...i think my best bet is some nice lightweight 18" with nice sticky tread, and keep the stock 17" and maybe put on snow tires.

thats what i do, i am running nittos on my 18s and Dunlop Winter M3s on my stock 17s. They are very VERY good in the snow. car doesnt drive like a 4x4 but it can hold its own very well. anyone looking for snow tires, def. look into thoes.