Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let my mom drive my Stang today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 10:00 PM
SPOOK R/T
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Let my mom drive my Stang today...

My mother(66 years old)drove mine once to get dinner. With my 11 year old son in the car. He ratted her out. When they got home he gotme to the side. Dad Grandma was speeding in your car.On the way home she got up to 105 mph. She said even at 100+ still hadlots of power, with a smile on her face. (she always had a lead foot).
Old 02-06-2007, 10:02 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ned4spe

im luckey.. my mom or wife dont know how to drive a stick shift car and they never will..
+1 Bazillion

We need to add this to the debate for Manual v. auto...[8D] Just kidding...lol
Old 02-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ned4spe

im luckey.. my mom or wife dont know how to drive a stick shift car and they never will..
Hehehe...My gf is the same way; she's tried driving a stick and has a horrible time with it. So, I don't ever see her driving my Mustang. Now, if I'd gotten an auto...EVERYONE would be a leadfoot in my car!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:24 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

My mom drove stick for the majority of her license and still can when I let her (not in the past 5 months and the car is only about 5 and a half months old!). My dad had fun when we were bringing it home from the dealership. He let it out to about 95 while ever1 else is doing about 70ish!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:26 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

My mom can't drive stick either but she wants to learn.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:47 PM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

my mother in law can't drive a stick either and she to wants to learn. but she is 112 years old and wears a patch on one eye and has a wooden leg...who knows...maybe after i have about a gallon of jack daniels i will let her drive it.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:01 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

That is so cool of you to do, let your mom drive, my son wont even let me move his car out of the driveway (lil punk lol). He says I hit too many pot holes.......I have no earthly idea why he would say such a thing!!!!! [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 02-07-2007, 12:26 AM
06 gt
1st Gear Member

Here is a story off topic, flame away. My dad had a '72 nova ss. On a very cold morning my mom is driving me to school. It was very cold and the car was not warmed up. It was running at a high idle. My mom was very small, 5'0". It did not have power brakes, and she could barely reach the pedel. She comes to the first light and is mashing the break, but the car keeps inching up because she is so small and can not push the pedel far enough. She is getting pissed, she hated my dad's cars anyway, when the light turns green she kicks her right foot and lays two tracks of rubber, and some smoke. Next light, same thing, except she scoots up in the seat to be able to push the brake more, but now she gets even more gas, more rubber and smoke! I thought it was so great, but I can not remember her ever driving one of my Dad's cars again! Dad also had a '69 impala ss, and a '68 nova convertable, and 3 corvaire v8's, and a '77 Trans Am that he sold to me in '82. "What cool cars did your dad have" for a thread?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:31 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

My mom doesn't know how to drive a stick, so she won't be able to drive the mustang. She will barely go in the car with me.

But, my mother in law has driven little sports cars all her life. She hauls arsein the mustang (says she loves all the torque!), and even with it being lowered to the ground almost, she knows how to go slow for bumps and sideways if need be. My mom gets jealous of her sometimes .
Old 02-07-2007, 01:18 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

My daughter drove my car, it is an auto, and laid two black streaks down Woodward Ave. She loves it. No one else in the family will drive it. I offered to let them but they are afraid I might hurt them if anything happens to it.

Quick Reply: Let my mom drive my Stang today...