Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accurate ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:18 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Accurate ?

ORIGINAL: ANBAUTO

On the way to the race track one time i was 0 miles till empty and i was sitting in traffic for another 3 miles that took me 20 min and i didnt run out of gas, but then as soon as i got in the gate i went and got me some race gas hahaha

It sounds like my message center might have been messing with my head...!
WTF- why would it want to do that to ME after I treat this car better than my own family members......?
Bloody f*%$#@g computers.........!!
Old 02-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

On the way to the race track one time i was 0 miles till empty and i was sitting in traffic for another 3 miles that took me 20 min and i didnt run out of gas, but then as soon as i got in the gate i went and got me some race gas hahaha
was that your plan the whole time
and what oct did you put in 100 or 104
I think some have 105 but the 110 is probably leaded
Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i like how it warns you, at 50 miles to E.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

That would be fine if it stopped there. But it keeps dinging like every so many miles after that! Keep that reminder crap for the mommies in the minivan! Ok, vented an small annoyance with the IUP.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:39 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

ORIGINAL: hammeron

That would be fine if it stopped there. But it keeps dinging like every so many miles after that! Keep that reminder crap for the mommies in the minivan! Ok, vented an small annoyance with the IUP.

My (Evil?) message center just "dings" once at "50 miles to empty", and remains silent after that............
Old 02-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

My (Evil?) message center just "dings" once at "50 miles to empty", and remains silent after that............
Really? Maybe its because I hit reset to go back to a nice blank screen. Ill try not to hit reset next time and leave the Miles to Empty on the screen and see if it quits beeping.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:59 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

Really? Maybe its because I hit reset to go back to a nice blank screen. Ill try not to hit reset next time and leave the Miles to Empty on the screen and see if it quits beeping.

Yeah, once is enough for that warning- I just don't understand why, when mine got below "15 miles left", it kept going down another mile after about each 1/4 - 1/2 mile, which freaked me out seeing as how I was about 9 or 10 miles from the nearest gas station......
Old 02-07-2007, 03:12 AM
06windveilgt
1st Gear Member

I have a tendancy to let the tank completely to 0 everytime i fill up and i think that once it hits zero it has at least 5 miles of reserve.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:34 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

was that your plan the whole time
and what oct did you put in 100 or 104
I think some have 105 but the 110 is probably leaded
That wasnt the plan.... i just wanted to be low on fuel not empty.... i put in 104 unleaded
Old 02-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

even though it may say 0 miles to empty the only way to tell is by how much gas you put in when you get to the station! I once had it go off and kept ignoring it and saw it turn to RED so I got concerned and got off the freeway to look for a gas station. Thing was, while it said I had about 4 miles to go, who knows how much further I could have gone? The only way to know is to carry a spare can of gasoline & drive til empty!
I hear it's not great running out of gas with FI. Is that true?
Nowadays, when I buy gas is usually dictated by the price movement! If gas prices are coming down ( we have Gas Price Updates here in LA) I will wait until almost empty. If I think prices will be going up I may fill up when only 1/2 empty!
Oh, and if anybody's driving into Arizona... let it get empty and fill up once you're there! They have cheap gas! Less taxes, maybe...

Quick Reply: Accurate ?