Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Motor Trend tested the P Jones Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:55 AM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: So Motor Trend tested the P Jones Saleen

I think the PJ Saleen is flawless when it comes to the looks. Ok, it might not tear it up at the track but, who is really going to be taking a 60k plus vehicle to the track?? This is a collectors car and I'd like to have one!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:59 AM
captainxanax
1st Gear Member

my vin number is in the 160,000 range. my car is 06/06 production. I saw in a site/post somewhere that of the 160k mustangs, GT premiums in black are like 16,000 for the year. Now perhaps, that number is for both GT prem & deluxe, either way.

My color, my year, my style, my package equals 16,000 cars on the road? holy crud.

so if I could, to own 1/500 special edition?

off topic, but, it is very weird, to this date I wonder 'bout this, but why was the first Shelby rolled out on 06.06.06????
Old 02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Barbarino
I ♥ Acer

Lets bring you fanboys back to reality, here is a prime example of why you are all wrong about the future value of these cars.

From Barrett Jackson
1994FORDMUSTANG COBRAINDY PACE CAR CONVERTIBLE Lot Number: 33
Options Engine: 5.0 LITER
Transmission Type: 5-SPEED
Horsepower:240
Cylinders:V8
Exterior Color:RED
Interior Color:TAN

Description Low number in build of only 1000. Under 1000 miles in original condition. Only driven to shows, multiple trophy winner. Excellent condition always garaged never has been in rain or snow.

What do you guys think this ultra rare car sold for? First year for Cobars in the new body style, inday pace car etc, so how much you think someone bought it for? Scroll down for the answer.

25 grand! That's it! Drive you stang don't think you'll ever turn a profit on it, it won't happen even with GT500's after a few more years.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

IMHO I belive the PJ Saleen will hold more value than the GT500 since there won't be 30 to 40 thousand PJs on the road. Two great names plus a bit more performance and looks to boot.I LOVE the PJs interior and the exterior is pretty nice too. Honestly if I had a N/A 400 hp 5.0 I doubt you could get more power out of it without some extreme unstreetable tuning. Look at the E46 M3, unless you have some sort of FI, your not going to gain much if anything trying to modthe motor. JMO.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:15 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torch red

We all kocked the GT 500 for its stock times..Now there running 10's easily....with few Mods..

I am sure the same is true with the PJ edition..I will take one..
+1 on that, but part of that is because I like the Grabber Orange color, with the Boss style side stripe & hood scoop. Yes, I know I could just repaint my Stang to that color, but there's other things about the car that I'd want as well. Parnelli Jones was just one of those racing legends that will always keep my attention when attached to a Mustang, just like Steve McQueen's name will hold my attention for his drive through SF in a Mustang, which has been rated as one of the top 10 car chases of all time.

I wouldn't care if it was a little faster than my GT; I'd own a 1 of 500 Saleen Mustang that resembled the old Boss 302!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:37 AM
fastautos
Banned

This car is SO much more than straight line speed. Why does the 1/4 mile timedefine a car that is built to bea road racer? Having spent plenty of time in a stock Mustang GT, Saleen S281-SC, and the Parnelli Jones, the PJ is by far a superior car. Is it worth the price? Maybe and maybe not, but it's still one heck of a car. It's a completely different animal than the S281 - it feels more like a nimble sports car, and the power delivery is SO smooth. I hope these cars end up being driven and not kept as low mileage collector pieces.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:17 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

How about I buy one and sell it to you a few years from now for 75k? I'm really joking but...It should depritiate at a much slower rate than other stangs, but still depritiate.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Barbarino
I ♥ Acer

Wake up people! The 03 cobra was the nail in the coffin for saleen, it's just going to take some time on this fanboy site for you people to understand it. This car is utter crap for 61k. You get louvers, 100hp, slightly better handing than the GT500 and some guys signature on the dash. WOW FOR 61K!

Ps. I'm not a saleen hater, my brothers had a 95 Saleen, 90 Saleen and a Saleen Explorer XP8, which he bought 1 year old for 22k when the orginal owner bought it for $55,000!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:57 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Barbarino

Wake up people! The 03 cobra was the nail in the coffin for saleen, it's just going to take some time on this fanboy site for you people to understand it. This car is utter crap for 61k. You get louvers, 100hp, slightly better handing than the GT500 and some guys signature on the dash. WOW FOR 61K!

Ps. I'm not a saleen hater, my brothers had a 95 Saleen, 90 Saleen and a Saleen Explorer XP8, which he bought 1 year old for 22k when the orginal owner bought it for $55,000!!!!!!!!
Than whats your issue with this car?? If people want to get this car, why do you care?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:11 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Barbarino

If you think that car will increase in value, then I have some swamp land to sell you.
My uncle said they same thing in in 1970 when he bought his AAR 'Cuda. If the car collectorhobby/market continues on the path it has been on over the last few decades, it most assuredly will go up in value. How much and at what point.....anyone's guess.

Quick Reply: So Motor Trend tested the P Jones Saleen