Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help deciding...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 12:24 PM
CroDalmatinac1

Default Need help deciding...

I'm about to get a Mustang but I have a problem. I dont know which one to get. I'm debating over a:

Mustang V6 Convertible
OR
Mustang GT Coupe

To be honest, I don't really care about performance. 210 HP and 240 FT/Torque is plenty to me. However, I LOVE the look of the GT. So IDK what to do. I could get the V6 and get the GT body kit (while keeping the emblems off, of course) and add Saleen wheels 20X9 in the front and 20x10 in the back, get the GT speedo and call it a day, . The problem is, is the GT lower than the regular V6? Anything I should know? Any insite or personal opinions?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Need help deciding...

You should go with a V6 and get the kit. Although, fuel economy isnt that much worse for the V8...
Old 02-07-2007, 01:56 PM
dborne
1st Gear Member

if you can afford the GT then to me there is no debate. and like Juntech said the fuel econ isn't much difference. Personally i have never understood the point of a v6 stang JMO
Old 02-07-2007, 02:00 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Why not a GT Convertible???
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

There isnt much difference in fuel economy, but depending on your age and who else will be driving the car, there can be a HUGE difference in the insurance between the V6 and the GT. Check it out with your insurance agent while your looking at the other variables.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

Gotta drive both before you decide on which one. Personally I like the power with the looks.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I say GT all the way -- but since you haven't bought it yet check your insurance rates and drive them both to see which you like better.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:59 PM
chirostang
2nd Gear Member

If you don't care about performance, get the V6 vert. The convertable is a lot of fun when the weather is nice.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
markus51
1st Gear Member

If you are asking this question then it sounds like you really want a GT convertable but are willing to settle for less so you can have a convertable. Yes this is a big decision.... We've all been through the whole "This is pleanty of horses or pleanty of torque for me" statement to try to talk us down on cars, bikes, or whatever. What it all comes down to is if you REALLY are willing to settle for something less as opposed to something you really want. I'd save save up a little more so you are completely satisfied with your purchase unless you are completely sure that you are willing to go with the V6. Both cars are great but I think with you asking this question you are looking for a thumbs up to get the lesser model. Insurance will be a big factor as mentioned already but you want to make sure that once you do take the plunge to make the purchase you get what you really want... I see a GTvert in your future.. =) My 2 cents..

Good luck,

Markus
Old 02-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

+ 1. Give yourself what you really want, it's easier before you sign the line. Regret is a bitch.

Quick Reply: Need help deciding...