Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY BABY! NOO! *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MY BABY! NOO! *Pics*

man that sucks[:@]
Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Repairable, all cosmetic damage nothing structural. New GT's are easily replaceable if they are totalled, I lost a Mach 1 that was completely totalled and very tough to replace.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

dayyumm
Old 02-08-2007, 08:58 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Dang...seeing all these hurt ponies is not good. Glad to see everyone is OK tho.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Stickman81
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Astral Dragon

ORIGINAL: Stickman81
What point will it make to intentionally run the **** out of the rental car just because yours got damaged?
You're right ... there would be no point. As long as I get something that gets me from home to work and back I'm fine. Was just blowing off steam ... I don't think I could ever drive a car into the ground on purpose because of an accident.
Thats kewl. I've not had one of my babies damaged like that. I can't imagine how you feel.
I am glad you are okay and continue to feel well.
Best of luck on the repairs.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

****ing clueless kids with no idea how to drive..................

[:'(]

Sorry this happeneded to you bro
Old 02-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Rsmin
1st Gear Member

Hate to see that. Glad you are ok...

Rusty
Old 02-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

See if you can total out your Mustang. It will never be the same!
Oh sure, they can "fix" it but they will screw up your car in doing it. They have to get the new door to align correctly plus in order to paint your side they will have to remove the plastic from the interior. That means rattles in the future! You need to photograph every inch before turning it over to a shop. Mine forgot to install the nut or whatever keeps the coat hanger hook from turning! Plus there will be overspray on the black trim around the door, not to mention excessive wax residue that they never take off. I'm still finding bits of wax on my car!

Keep on the repair shop. Make sure that you remove all your mods because they will not be paid for by her insurance and could even disappear along with anything you have left in the glove box! When they give you a estimate of when your car will be ready, call them and keep calling until they say the car is done.

Do NOT return the rental BEFORE you pick up your car! Go see your car FIRST! Check it with a friend and a magnifying glass if neccessary. Look at the seats for any spots, check your gas cap and all black trim for paint stains. Check the floor mats for marks. And if you see any wax residue in the seems make them remove it before you take the keys. Then take it for a test drive. Go as fast as you can on a bumpy road, listening for new rattles, especially on the drivers side window and mirror.
Make them fix anything that is unacceptable. Remember, it's not your $$$ so make them do it right. If they give any hassle, make note of it and let them know you'll be mentioning that when the insurance company does its follow-up.
Once everything is satisfied you can return the rental car.
It will be a rough time but all worth it once you get it back!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:11 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

some teenager hit my dad in the back of his car and he had to get it fixed so we got a loaner and then went to pick the car up....the paint didnt match. So theres another 2 weeks of driving around a loaner car.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:25 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Illinois is trying to keep this from happening, when you are 16, you can only have one passenger in the car with you at any time. A guy I work with was hit right before thanksgiving in his F150 by a 17 year old girl (by a couple days) and about 4 of her friends in a neon. They ran a stop sign off of a country road and t-boned him on the highway. He swerved but they still hit him in the bedside, flipping his truck down the highway a few times. On the second rollover, his arm fell out and the truck ran it over. He has missed over a month of work and is on light duty now and looking at therapy well into march to get him back to normal after having plates in his forearm and screws in his wrist. Sad thing is that neon was the THIRD car she's totalled since she got her license. How the hell do they let these bimbos on the road???

Quick Reply: MY BABY! NOO! *Pics*