Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Corsas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:27 AM
WuStangKlan
I ♥ Acer

Default Why Corsas?

I am deciding on axlebacks. I see Corsas for $650. Why the difference between others? Are they better (best)? - I believe usually you get what you pay for so just wondering if this was the case and why. Still too expensive for me - right now I am leaning to FRPP GTAs.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:35 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Why Corsas?

The reason Corsas are more is due to the R&D that went into making them. They're claim of no drone is backed by anyone who has them. Plus they sound awesome even on a stock car. The tips are beveled (i think that's the word) at the end and look really good (i think there are a few others that are like this).

2 weekends ago at the track, i had a 02 GT owner with off-road x pipe, LTs, and borlas comment to my friend about my car going down
the track...he said there's nothing like the sound of Corsa mufflers andhealways notices when someone has them.

For me though, no drone at allin daily driving andhave a nice sound atWOT (i'm sure it's a lot louder fromoutside/behind the car).
Here's a short clip of a quick rev...there's some echo in it though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhwEFEJj_g

Edit: typos own me
Old 02-10-2007, 01:38 AM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Here's a good site.

Audio & Video's.

Ruf

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/
Old 02-10-2007, 01:48 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I paid $450 second hand for mine so it was a no brainer. They're really incredible, I can cruise all day with the top down and they never get annoying, but go WOTand they're obnoxious! I have scared the crap out of at least a few people when I've crept up beside them, cruising nice and easy, passing slowly and when I get about even with the drivers door, slam the throttle!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:53 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

I got mine for $550ish new online somewhere...don't exactly remember but if you want to know, pm me and i'll do some digging.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:58 AM
JGT
2nd Gear Member

I have been interested in maybe trying the Corsas, but I have heard the muffler is visible from behind and doesn't look that great, compared to the Borlas which aren't visible. I think they stick up at an angle or something.

Can someone post some pictures from behind the car so people can get an idea of what they look like? Maybe it isn't as bad as I have heard.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:51 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Borlas are visible from behind, and if you look @ them from inside the tire well you can read BORLA on the muffler... I have CORSAS and I can't say 1 thing I dont like about them... WAIT correct that.... The POS X pipe I bought, that was really pathetic stay away from that. I am gonna go with an OffRoad X and just ditch the cats to remove that X-pipe. With the corsas you have to completely cut your exhaust and clamp in the X pipe.

Andrew
Old 02-10-2007, 12:22 PM
WuStangKlan
I ♥ Acer

Man - that was some good help! - seems the Corsas are a high end, quality product. If money was no object I would definitely get them. Sounds like some satisfied owners. From pictures I have seen (not on cars though) they look great.

Just curious - any HP gains?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:51 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

You can expect around 7 or so HP gain from any manufacturer. The 05 mustang gt is really unrestricted from the factory, one of the best piece of factory exhaust I have seen

Andrew
Old 02-10-2007, 07:45 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Here's a pic of the Corsas after install. The camera was down low to the ground (as you can see from the angle) so it shows the mufflers more than looking normally. I would take one now but they need to be adjusted after i ran over a 4x4x12 when leaving work last night. [:@] Dark street+ rainy weather + wood in the road = a very unhappy me. Coulda been worse though, could have been a cinder block.

[IMG]local://upfiles/59657/149435FD71E14A79829B242F03F8A699.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Why Corsas?