Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car cleaning products

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: car cleaning products

Trade the car every year and dont bother waxing and changing oil.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

If you guys get a chance check out my website. I carry Poorboys,Optimum,ClearKote,Stoner,Lake Country pads, and Porter Cable buffers. www.obsessivedetail.com My Poorboys lineup is currently on sale and will end tomorrow the 14th.

The polishes,sealants, and waxes I carry go on easy with no residue and come off easy. They can also be put on in the sun. I use these products everyday in my detailing business and also on show cars that I do. I'm very knowledeable about the products I carry and know what works best on what colors on so on. Let me know if you have any product questions. I will be glad to help!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 PM
AMBmustangGT
1st Gear Member

what works good w/ a white bronco that hasnt had stuff like this done to it before?

and what about my tan fiberglass top? thats a good one right there
Old 02-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

What are you wanting to accomplish with the bronco? Are you wanting to remove swirls and oxidization, etc?

If you want to start from scratch. I would wash it first and then claybar. Next I would polish using a chemical polish if you want to remove oxidation and clean the paint and use an abrassive polish if you are trying to correct swirls. I really like Poorboys Pro Polish for a good all around chemical polish and either Poorboys SSR line or Optimum polishes for an abrassive Polish. I would go with Poorboys EX-P sealant and Poorboys Natty's original paste wax for white.

What kind of condition is your fiberglass top in? What are you wanting to do with that? Is it oxidized or scratched? Let me know and I can give you some better suggestions.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:24 PM
AMBmustangGT
1st Gear Member

its in very good condition considering its 11 years old. it has a bit of oxidation, but other than that just wondering, b/c i normally just wash it w/ my car soap

im getting ready to sell it, so before i put it on autotrader i wanted to wash it really good and get some shiney pics (btw...if any of you want it, pm me). considering the truck is 11 years old, its in great shape. i've put over 14k into it. completely rebuilt the suspension. i just got done rhino lining the bottom of the truck yesterday. im gonna go back once it stops raining to touch up a few areas. that stuff really cuts out alot of noise
Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

PM sent.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:07 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

I would recommend washing with dishsoap before using the clay bar. Maybe even 2 washes.
There is no need to do this. The clay will remove any wax that is on the car. I just do not like to suggest the dish washing soap to people because it really is not good for the paint and some people will use it as there regular wash soap.

Richard
Old 02-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

I totally agree with Richard. There is never a need to use dish soap on a car. As said above, the claybar will remove any leftover wax and anything else that in on the paint. Also if you are going to polish that will clean the paint too. Save the dish soap for the dishes!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:34 AM
ilovemustang

Any auto cleaning brand suits Mustangs.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:36 AM
ilovemustang

hi mustang lovers!

Quick Reply: car cleaning products